Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 794 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSdown ELOG Version Subject
  65716   Tue Jan 29 04:25:11 2008 Question Dennis Seitzdseitz@berkeley.eduQuestion 2.7.0Possible to sort attribute chronologically?
Hi,

We've defined a "LastEdit" attribute for some of our logs so that we can indicate that an entry has been revised, and when that was done. 

From our config:

Attributes =  Last Edit, etc etc
Preset Last Edit =$date
Locked Attributes = Last Edit
Subst on edit Last Edit = $date

This works fine, but when we sort the LastEdit column, the dates are sorted alphabetically. Is there a way to tell Elog to treat this particular attribute 
as a date when sorting?
  65717   Tue Jan 29 08:02:41 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion 2.7.0Re: Possible to sort attribute chronologically?
> Hi,
> 
> We've defined a "LastEdit" attribute for some of our logs so that we can indicate that an entry has been revised, and when that was done. 
> 
> From our config:
> 
> Attributes =  Last Edit, etc etc
> .
> .
> .
> Preset Last Edit =$date
> Locked Attributes = Last Edit
> Subst on edit Last Edit = $date
> 
> This works fine, but when we sort the LastEdit column, the dates are sorted alphabetically. 
> Is there a way to tell Elog to treat this particular attribute as a date when sorting?

You are missing:

Type Last Edit = datetime

which will tread the "Last Edit" attribute as a date/time combination. Actually it's stored 
internally in seconds since Jan 1st 1970, so sorting will work right. The only caveat is that
when you edit an entry, the "Last Edit" is displayed really in seconds since 1970, but I will
fix this in the next release.
  65718   Tue Jan 29 08:09:50 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion 2.7.0Re: Possible to sort attribute chronologically?
> The only caveat is that
> when you edit an entry, the "Last Edit" is displayed really in seconds since 1970, but I will
> fix this in the next release.

I just fixed this in SVN revision #2010. If you would have filled out which operating system you use
with elog, I could tell you how to upgrade.
  65725   Thu Feb 7 01:33:03 2008 Reply Dennis Seitzdseitz@berkeley.eduQuestion 2.7.0Re: Possible to sort attribute chronologically?
> > The only caveat is that
> > when you edit an entry, the "Last Edit" is displayed really in seconds since 1970, but I will
> > fix this in the next release.
> 
> I just fixed this in SVN revision #2010. If you would have filled out which operating system you use
> with elog, I could tell you how to upgrade.

Thanks for the help and the bug fix. I have a colleague who keeps our installation up to date, so I'll ask him to install it.
  65797   Thu Mar 27 14:15:12 2008 Question svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestion  how to set locale for date/time

it seems out systemlang is en_US,

#date
Thu Mar 27 14:11:59 CET 2008

and i want to change the local lang only for the elogd.

i tried it with .bash_profile in the elog homedir with

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

how can i change it to get  ?

#date
Don Mär 27 14:09:14 CET 2008

thx

65809   Fri Apr 4 08:20:06 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion  Re: how to set locale for date/time

svrmarty wrote:

#date

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

#date

I investigated this and found that elogd itself does not use the locale properly, so I have to change the code. I will let you know when I fixed this problem.

65815   Sun Apr 6 21:13:27 2008 Reply svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestion  Re: how to set locale for date/time

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

#date

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

#date

I investigated this and found that elogd itself does not use the locale properly, so I have to change the code. I will let you know when I fixed this problem.

thx

65818   Wed Apr 9 22:14:05 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion  Re: how to set locale for date/time

svrmarty wrote:

#date

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

#date

You do not have to change the environment variable, this is all handled inside elogd. I fixed teh above error in SVN revision 2098. Can you try it?

ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6