Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 192 of 236  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
icon5.gif   Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by PJ Meyer on Fri Jul 22 03:15:29 2005 
Q: How can dates be exported correctly in CSV and XML?
In windows version I'm getting the Unix seconds since 1970.
XML export:
    icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jul 22 08:56:20 2005 
[quote="PJ Meyer"]So what can be done to make all the dates look like dates?[/quote]

Simply upgrade to 2.6.0beta where this problem has been solved.
       icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by PJ Meyer on Mon Jul 25 19:15:33 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="PJ Meyer"]So what can be done to make all the dates look like dates?[/quote]

Simply upgrade to 2.6.0beta where this problem has been solved.[/quote]
          icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jul 25 20:20:18 2005 
[quote="PJ Meyer"][quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="PJ Meyer"]So what can be done to make all the dates look like dates?[/quote]

icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by PJ Meyer on Mon Jul 25 22:27:06 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="PJ Meyer"][quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="PJ Meyer"]So what can be done to make all the dates look like dates?[/quote]

icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Jul 26 09:25:40 2005 
[quote="PJ Meyer"]Q: could it be the spaces in Attribute name????
Or the differences between Linux and Windows ports?[/quote]
icon5.gif   Literal comma in elogd.conf entries where "," is an item separator?, posted by Chris Green on Mon Jul 25 19:24:47 2005 
Hi,

Could you tell me if there is a way to escape characters in elogd.conf? Particularly, I want to have a drop-down "Keyword" attribute where one of the options
    icon2.gif   Re: Literal comma in elogd.conf entries where "," is an item separator?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jul 25 20:25:26 2005 
[quote="Chris Green"]Could you tell me if there is a way to escape characters in elogd.conf? Particularly, I want to have a drop-down "Keyword" attribute
where one of the options is "Spelling, grammar and typos.". This invariably gets split into "Spelling" and "grammar and typos". I've tried "\,", ",,",
"%," and "%27", to no avail.[/quote]
       icon2.gif   Re: Literal comma in elogd.conf entries where "," is an item separator?, posted by Chris Green on Mon Jul 25 21:41:00 2005 
Sorry for being dense. Thanks for this,

Chris.
icon1.gif   A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1", posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 15:58:07 2005 
A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1"

icon2.gif   Re: A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1", posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jul 14 17:29:42 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1"

icon2.gif   Re: A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1", posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 19:16:06 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1"

icon2.gif   Re: A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1", posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Jul 23 15:46:06 2005 
Ok, I kind of misunderstood the "-n" parameter. It is the interface to listen to, which is not necessarily the host name as seen from outside. I changed
that in the following way:
icon4.gif   Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jul 18 10:16:35 2005 
rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

[CODE]Display Subject               = <b>$subject</b>[/CODE]
    icon4.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jul 18 18:36:32 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon2.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 22:39:05 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon2.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 21 11:02:44 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon2.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 22:28:14 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon2.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 21 11:00:47 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon1.gif   [code] should be a sort of <CDATA >, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Wed Jul 13 15:09:48 2005 
Using the \[code] elocode should be intended also to preserve the tagged text from beeing parsed as html or elcode itself ..

this is an example:
    icon2.gif   Re: [code] should be a sort of <CDATA >, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 21:43:56 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]Using the \[code] elocode should be intended also to preserve the tagged text from beeing parsed as html or elcode itself ..

this is an example:
       icon2.gif   Re: [code] should be a sort of <CDATA >, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 21 10:59:22 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]Using the \[code] elocode should be intended also to preserve the tagged text from beeing parsed as html
or elcode itself ..
icon4.gif   elog utility for submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header, posted by Heiko Scheit on Mon Jul 11 19:04:38 2005 
The 'elog' utility for commandline submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header.
The host listed after 'Host:' should be the host where the server runs, not the 
localhost (see patch below).
    icon4.gif   Re: elog utility for submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Jul 12 10:15:30 2005 
> The 'elog' utility for commandline submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header.
> The host listed after 'Host:' should be the host where the server runs, not the 
> localhost (see patch below).
       icon2.gif   Re: elog utility for submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 21:03:29 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]This is not completally true IMHO .. better, it is, but it is not the only problem.

Elog seems to speak HTML/1.0, where "host:" is not implemented ... Since ELOG does [B]not[/B] support Vhosts I think the right beaviour is to [U]remove
icon3.gif   Cannot stat() config file , posted by Stefan Rudat on Wed Jul 20 08:32:06 2005 
Hi 

Elog runs now for serveral month without any problem at a Windows 2000 server.
    icon2.gif   Re: Cannot stat() config file , posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 20:13:26 2005 
[quote="Stefan Rudat"]Cannot stat() config file; No such file or directory.[/quote]

I do not know what exactly is going on. This error occurs during runtime when elog tries to check if the config file (usually elogd.cfg) has changed. It
icon1.gif   short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 12:47:06 2005 
.. I mean that if I use:

[CODE]
    icon1.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 13:05:33 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"].. I mean that if I use:

[CODE]
    icon2.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jul 14 17:34:12 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]In my case I changed it by error, people inserted entries and now I restored the correct one .. so now I have to unlock the
attribute and change every Author by hand as admin
:-)[/quote]
       icon2.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 19:11:54 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]In my case I changed it by error, people inserted entries and now I restored the correct one .. so now
I have to unlock the attribute and change every Author by hand as admin
:-)[/quote]
          icon2.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jul 14 20:24:07 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]uhm..  I think the confusion intrinsict in elog between long and short name is something to be solved ..
an attribute of type "userlist" fills always with the long_name .. but if I would to insert it as short ?
             icon2.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Fri Jul 15 15:03:01 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]uhm..  I think the confusion intrinsict in elog between long and short name is something to be solved ..
an attribute of type "userlist" fills always with the long_name .. but if I would to insert it as short ?
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6