Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 198 of 234  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
icon5.gif   Logfiles, posted by becher on Tue Mar 29 23:03:35 2005 
Is there an option that elog creates one logfile for one entry in the
database? It seems that there elog is creating one logfile for one day.
    icon2.gif   Re: Logfiles, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Mar 29 23:05:56 2005 
> Is there an option that elog creates one logfile for one entry in the
> database? It seems that there elog is creating one logfile for one day.
       icon2.gif   Re: Logfiles, posted by Becher on Wed Mar 30 16:05:34 2005 
I want exchange the logs as files and not with the mirroring function. My 
collegue and me are already exchanging all our project files, so the logs from 
ELOG could be included in this exchange.
          icon2.gif   Re: Logfiles, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Mar 30 16:31:36 2005 
> I want exchange the logs as files and not with the mirroring function. My 
> collegue and me are already exchanging all our project files, so the logs from 
> ELOG could be included in this exchange.
icon5.gif   Expand all at elog home, posted by Alex H on Wed Mar 16 16:13:15 2005 
Hi,

Is there a command line in the configuration files to show all of sub logs 
    icon5.gif   Re: Expand all at elog home, posted by Alex H on Fri Mar 25 12:49:13 2005 elog expand_all.JPG
> Hi,

> Is there a command line in the configuration files to show all of sub 
       icon2.gif   Re: Expand all at elog home, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Mar 29 09:57:29 2005 
> So I have posted a picture to explain better my question.
> So could it be possible to have the index page always expanded ?
> thanks for answers.
          icon12.gif   Re: Expand all at elog home, posted by Alex H on Wed Mar 30 15:12:54 2005 
> > So I have posted a picture to explain better my question.
> > So could it be possible to have the index page always expanded ?
> > thanks for answers.
icon5.gif   Unable to enter/edit time in user defined $date field?, posted by mark james on Tue Mar 22 12:03:04 2005 
I have defined a new field called "Record Date" to accept the dates from a
previous logging system. I am not too concerned with the timestamp
associated with these old imported entries. But for new entries...
    icon2.gif   Re: Unable to enter/edit time in user defined $date field?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Mar 22 13:46:57 2005 
> I have defined a new field called "Record Date" to accept the dates from a
> previous logging system. I am not too concerned with the timestamp
> associated with these old imported entries. But for new entries...
       icon2.gif   Re: Unable to enter/edit time in user defined $date field?, posted by mark james on Tue Mar 22 23:27:21 2005 
Stefan,

Oh. OK. I will keep tuned. It would be quite useful to have.
    icon2.gif   Re: Unable to enter/edit time in user defined $date field?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Mar 30 11:07:08 2005 
I implemented a "datetime" option which does exactly what you want. All you
need is a
icon4.gif   wrong handling of attachment names, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Wed Mar 23 11:29:51 2005 
When an attached image name contains a space in its filename and attachment
display is enabled elog builds a wrong url to the image:
    icon4.gif   Re: wrong handling of attachment names, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Wed Mar 23 12:54:51 2005 
> When an attached image name contains a space in its filename and attachment
> display is enabled elog builds a wrong url to the image:
    icon4.gif   Re: wrong handling of attachment names, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Mar 23 20:35:55 2005 back 42.jpg
       icon4.gif   Re: wrong handling of attachment names, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Mar 24 10:51:10 2005 
> > When an attached image name contains a space in its filename and attachment
> > display is enabled elog builds a wrong url to the image:
> > 
          icon2.gif   Re: wrong handling of attachment names, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Mar 25 00:33:51 2005 
> It seems that uploading files with spaces in the name *now* works well... so the
> problem should be somewhere in the handling of existing attachments, not rised when
> the attachment is uploaded with the current version of elog ... it's quite strange
    icon8.gif   Re: wrong handling of attachment names, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Mar 24 13:40:27 2005 elog_trace.txt
       icon2.gif   Re: wrong handling of attachment names, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Mar 25 00:30:57 2005 
> - Irestarted the daemon
> - attached strace to it
> - requested the list for a testin logbook, few entries some quite big images 
          icon2.gif   Re: wrong handling of attachment names, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Mar 29 11:49:29 2005 
> > - Irestarted the daemon
> > - attached strace to it
> > - requested the list for a testin logbook, few entries some quite big images 
          icon12.gif   Re: wrong handling of attachment names, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Mar 29 16:21:32 2005 
> > - Irestarted the daemon
> > - attached strace to it
> > - requested the list for a testin logbook, few entries some quite big images 
icon8.gif   Crash with Protect Selection page = 1, posted by Stephen A. Wood on Thu Mar 24 10:31:01 2005 
Using 2.5.8, if I set "Protect Selection page" to 1, then elogd seg faults
as soon as it is accessed.
    icon7.gif   Re: Crash with Protect Selection page = 1, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Mar 24 10:39:00 2005 
> Using 2.5.8, if I set "Protect Selection page" to 1, then elogd seg faults
> as soon as it is accessed.
       icon7.gif   Re: Crash with Protect Selection page = 1, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Mar 24 11:00:59 2005 
> > Using 2.5.8, if I set "Protect Selection page" to 1, then elogd seg faults
> > as soon as it is accessed.
       icon7.gif   Re: Crash with Protect Selection page = 1, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Mar 24 11:01:06 2005 
       icon7.gif   Re: Crash with Protect Selection page = 1, posted by Stephen A. Wood on Thu Mar 24 11:28:13 2005 
          icon7.gif   Re: Crash with Protect Selection page = 1, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Mar 24 11:47:58 2005 
> Logins work OK if the username/password is valid.  However, if I try to login
> with invalid authentication, the server crashes.  If I turn off the protect
> selection page, then invalid authentication does not crash elogd.
             icon7.gif   Re: Crash with Protect Selection page = 1, posted by Stephen A. Wood on Thu Mar 24 12:09:55 2005 
> > Logins work OK if the username/password is valid.  However, if I try to login
> > with invalid authentication, the server crashes.  If I turn off the protect
> > selection page, then invalid authentication does not crash elogd.
                icon5.gif   Re: Crash with Protect Selection page = 1, posted by Alex H on Fri Mar 25 12:44:49 2005 
> > > Logins work OK if the username/password is valid.  However, if I try to login
> > > with invalid authentication, the server crashes.  If I turn off the protect
> > > selection page, then invalid authentication does not crash elogd.
                   icon2.gif   Re: Crash with Protect Selection page = 1, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Mar 25 18:25:59 2005 
> > > > Logins work OK if the username/password is valid.  However, if I try to login
> > > > with invalid authentication, the server crashes.  If I turn off the protect
> > > > selection page, then invalid authentication does not crash elogd.
icon5.gif   Database type logbook entry creation, posted by David Egolf on Thu Mar 24 20:36:50 2005 
I would like to create a paper waste logbook. I need to have a column that 
shows a weight in pounds and another column with a calculation from those 
pounds to dollars.  pounds x $4.00 = cost  I was wondering if this was 
    icon2.gif   Re: Database type logbook entry creation, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Mar 24 21:17:28 2005 
> I would like to create a paper waste logbook. I need to have a column that 
> shows a weight in pounds and another column with a calculation from those 
> pounds to dollars.  pounds x $4.00 = cost  I was wondering if this was 
icon4.gif   HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Feb 7 18:55:02 2005 
as this url shows http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp
it should be used an HTML entity instead of the ampersand sign.
    icon2.gif   Re: HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Feb 7 20:13:28 2005 
> as this url shows http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp
<br>
> it should be used an HTML entity instead of the ampersand sign.<p>
       icon2.gif   Re: HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Feb 24 11:23:44 2005 
> > as this url shows http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp
> <br>
> > it should be used an HTML entity instead of the ampersand sign.<p>
          icon4.gif   Re: HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Feb 24 12:44:29 2005 
> > > as this url shows http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp
> > <br>
> > > it should be used an HTML entity instead of the ampersand sign.<p>
          icon4.gif   Re: HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Feb 24 12:45:02 2005 
> > > as this url shows http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp
> > <br>
> > > it should be used an HTML entity instead of the ampersand sign.<p>
             icon2.gif   Re: HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Mar 2 17:31:33 2005 
> > I tried to substitute avery occurrence of hard coded "&" with "&" but it does
> > not do the job at all ... infact the first time the HTML code is ok, but
> > following a link let the browser to automatically decode html entities .. and
    icon4.gif   Re: HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Feb 8 13:11:30 2005 
<br>
> it should be used an HTML entity instead of the ampersand sign.<p>
       icon2.gif   Re: HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Feb 12 17:40:55 2005 
I added ths missing tags. The validator at least does not complain any more.
    icon4.gif   Re: HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Mar 24 13:21:28 2005 

> it should be used an HTML entity instead of the ampersand sign.

Stefan, the validation still fails on the ampersand ...
here is an example
of your online Demo elog:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/920
       icon2.gif   Re: HTML 4.1 transitional validation fails, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Mar 24 13:59:06 2005 
> Stefan, the validation still fails on the ampersand ...
> here is an example of your online Demo elog:
> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/920
icon4.gif   New Debian package (2.5.8+r1592) -- needs testing, posted by Recai Oktas on Wed Mar 23 05:56:35 2005 NEWS.Debian
Hi to all,

I've prepared a new Debian package.  This version will probably be the one
    icon14.gif   Re: New Debian package (2.5.8+r1592) -- needs testing, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Wed Mar 23 11:19:51 2005 
> Hi to all,

> I've prepared a new Debian package.  This version will probably be the one
       icon14.gif   Re: New Debian package (2.5.8+r1592) -- needs testing, posted by Recai Oktas on Wed Mar 23 16:44:32 2005 
> It seems to work nice to me.
> Just another suggestion: I think it would be better to insert a commented out
> example for all allowed parameters in the distributed  /etc/default/elog
          icon14.gif   Re: New Debian package (2.5.8+r1592) -- needs testing, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Mar 24 12:26:46 2005 
> > It seems to work nice to me.
> > Just another suggestion: I think it would be better to insert a commented out
> > example for all allowed parameters in the distributed  /etc/default/elog
    icon4.gif   Re: New Debian package (2.5.8+r1592) -- needs testing, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Mar 24 12:30:07 2005 
> Hi to all,

> I've prepared a new Debian package.  This version will probably be the one
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886