Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 199 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: Compile issues on Fedora withe current elog source, posted by Allen Tuttle on Wed Sep 12 15:20:11 2018 
I don't see the update on elog/download/tar/.
Do you keep builds elsewhere, perhaps on get or sourceforge?

Stefan
    icon2.gif   Re: Compile issues on Fedora withe current elog source, posted by Allen Tuttle on Wed Sep 12 15:25:07 2018 
I would like to try the new code, I don't see it on elog/download/tar/.
Do you keep updates elsewhere like on get or sourceforge?

Stefan
    icon2.gif   Re: Compile issues on Fedora withe current elog source, posted by Allen Tuttle on Wed Sep 12 15:57:31 2018 
A quick test suggests I can't just replace sprintf with snprintf.
Original error:
src/elogd.c:4503:4: note: ‘sprintf’ output between 1 and 542 bytes into a destination of size 256 [-Wformat-overflow=]
    icon2.gif   Re: Compile issues on Fedora withe current elog source, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Wed Sep 12 20:52:22 2018 
Stefan said "code is commited": that means you can download the latest version from https://bitbucket.org/ritt/elog, as described in https://elog.psi.ch/elog/download.html,
and then compile it. Clear now?

Stefan
    icon2.gif   Re: Compile issues on Fedora withe current elog source, posted by Allen Tuttle on Thu Sep 13 06:12:59 2018 
Latest compile effort on Fedora 28 using the bitbucket source downloaded at 21:12 PDT:

make
gcc -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Imxml -DHAVE_SSL -c -o mxml.o mxml/mxml.c
icon5.gif   Logfile not registering entry numbers?, posted by Sergio Navarrete on Fri Oct 19 08:38:06 2018 
I have configured a logbook with the logfile on, but when a user replies to an entry the line logged goes

Date Time [User@IP] {Logbook} NEW entry #0

How can I make the #0 be the real entry number for the reply?
    icon2.gif   Re: Logfile not registering entry numbers?, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Fri Oct 19 13:08:30 2018 
It looks like you've found a bug in ELOG. I've checked my elog.log and see that all NEW entry lines show "#0".

I've looked into the code: the message is written before the new entry is submitted, and only then the entry ID is defined.

For
new entries one would need to make the logging print line later - but that would blow up the code.

The message IDs are correct for saving
    icon2.gif   Re: Logfile not registering entry numbers?, posted by David Pilgram on Mon Oct 29 14:26:28 2018 
As a regular elog (ab)user, I have seen this behaviour from time to time.  So far as I recall, the cause actually is that a normal entry is looking
for the entry in the "Reply to" field of the normal entry in the yymmdda.log file.  When that entry does not exist, then I see a duplicate
line of an entry with entry "#0", in emboldened black type.  I did have a screenshot, but cannot find it for now. 
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886