Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 201 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSup ELOG Version Subject
  1221   Sun Jul 3 03:48:12 2005 Question John Habermannjohn.habermann@wilderness.org.auQuestionLinux2.5.9+r167changing the default to plain text rather than elcode
Hi

I just shifted our elogs to a new server and in the process upgraded to the latest debian version which is 2.5.9+r1674-1. I am just wondering how to change the default for the text body area from "elcode" to plain text? I can't see anything in the admin configuration syntax guide and the HTML default = 2 option no longer seems to work.

Also is there anything in particular that you have to do to get the elcode editor to work. Although the elcode buttons appear highlighting text and clicking on them doesn't actually do anything although it works fine in my browser when using these elog forums. I don't get any errors in mozilla but trying it in IE under cxoffice gives an "error on page" message in the bottom of the browser.

Thanks
John
  1228   Tue Jul 5 23:06:12 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.5.9+r167Re: changing the default to plain text rather than elcode

John Habermann wrote:
I just shifted our elogs to a new server and in the process upgraded to the latest debian version which is 2.5.9+r1674-1. I am just wondering how to change the default for the text body area from "elcode" to plain text? I can't see anything in the admin configuration syntax guide and the HTML default = 2 option no longer seems to work.

The HTML default option has been replaced by the Default encoding option, with which one can set the default encoding style to plain text (Default encoding = 1).

John Habermann wrote:
Also is there anything in particular that you have to do to get the elcode editor to work. Although the elcode buttons appear highlighting text and clicking on them doesn't actually do anything although it works fine in my browser when using these elog forums. I don't get any errors in mozilla but trying it in IE under cxoffice gives an "error on page" message in the bottom of the browser.

The ELCode editor requires the JavaScript file elcode.js to be present in the scripts directory under your elog root directory. Future installations will handle this correctly.
  1230   Thu Jul 7 02:41:40 2005 Reply Tim Fowlertimfowler1@gmail.comQuestionLinux2.5.9+r167Re: changing the default to plain text rather than elcode

Stefan Ritt wrote:

John Habermann wrote:

The HTML default option has been replaced by the Default encoding option, with which one can set the default encoding style to plain text (Default encoding = 1).

John Habermann wrote:

The ELCode editor requires the JavaScript file elcode.js to be present in the scripts directory under your elog root directory. Future installations will handle this correctly.

The installation did not include scripts directory. Where can I download the elcode.js file?
  1236   Thu Jul 7 08:38:11 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.5.9+r167Re: changing the default to plain text rather than elcode

Tim Fowler wrote:
The installation did not include scripts directory. Where can I download the elcode.js file?

I said future installations will handle this. This feature is still in beta becaus it's not finished completely. You can get the elcode.js from CVS.

- Stefan
  1241   Thu Jul 7 22:31:40 2005 Reply Tim Fowlertimfowler1@gmail.comQuestionLinux2.5.9+r167Re: changing the default to plain text rather than elcode
I said future installations will handle this. This feature is still in beta becaus it's not finished completely. You can get the elcode.js from CVS.

- Stefan

Thanks Stefan! This is an excellent application.
  1253   Mon Jul 11 11:16:59 2005 Warning Laurent S. Nadolskinadolski@synchrotron-soleil.frBug reportLinux2.6 and beicon comment not display using firefox
Hi,

I found out the following bug.
Icon comment are not displayed when browsing with firefox. But it works fine with IE.
A goo test page is this very elog entry.
If you move your mouse on a icon nothing will be displayed using Firefox.

In the following example, I noticed, that the tooltip Icon is displayed instead (whenever existing).
This means, it displays info (for all icons if several) and not "showbug" on icon1.gif

Attributes = Icone
IOptions Icone = icon1.gif
Tooltip Icone = info
Icon comment icon1.gif = showbug

Thanks for your help,

Laurent.
  1254   Mon Jul 11 12:35:40 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.6 and beRe: icon comment not display using firefox

Laurent S. Nadolski wrote:
I found out the following bug.
Icon comment are not displayed when browsing with firefox. But it works fine with IE.
A goo test page is this very elog entry.
If you move your mouse on a icon nothing will be displayed using Firefox.

Thanks for reporting this bug. I fixed it in the current CVS version. You can try it with this page.

Laurent S. Nadolski wrote:
In the following example, I noticed, that the tooltip Icon is displayed instead (whenever existing). This means, it displays info (for all icons if several) and not "showbug" on icon1.gif

Attributes = Icone
IOptions Icone = icon1.gif
Tooltip Icone = info
Icon comment icon1.gif = showbug

Icon comment
is used for email notification, and
Tooltip
is used for tooltips. So the behaviour you describe is intentional.

- Stefan
  1259   Mon Jul 11 19:04:38 2005 Warning Heiko Scheith.scheit@mpi-hd.mpg.deBug fixLinux2.5.9elog utility for submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header
The 'elog' utility for commandline submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header.
The host listed after 'Host:' should be the host where the server runs, not the 
localhost (see patch below).

$ diff -u elog.c_20050711  elog.c
--- elog.c_20050711     Mon Jul 11 18:54:20 2005
+++ elog.c      Mon Jul 11 18:55:31 2005
@@ -421,7 +421,7 @@
       sprintf(request + strlen(request), "%s/%d?cmd=download", experiment, message_id);
    strcat(request, " HTTP/1.0\r\n");

-   sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Host: %s\r\n", host_name);
+   sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Host: %s\r\n", host);
    sprintf(request + strlen(request), "User-Agent: ELOG\r\n");

first = 1;
@@ -872,7 +872,7 @@
    strcat(request, " HTTP/1.0\r\n");

sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=%s\r\n", boundary);
-   sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Host: %s\r\n", host_name);
+   sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Host: %s\r\n", host);
    sprintf(request + strlen(request), "User-Agent: ELOG\r\n");
    sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Content-Length: %d\r\n", content_length);
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 200, 201, 202 ... 794, 795, 796   Next  
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886