Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 202 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSup ELOG Version Subject
  1260   Tue Jul 12 10:15:30 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug fixLinux2.5.9Re: elog utility for submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header
> The 'elog' utility for commandline submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header.
> The host listed after 'Host:' should be the host where the server runs, not the
> localhost (see patch below).
>
> $ diff -u elog.c_20050711 elog.c
> --- elog.c_20050711 Mon Jul 11 18:54:20 2005
> +++ elog.c Mon Jul 11 18:55:31 2005
> @@ -421,7 +421,7 @@
> sprintf(request + strlen(request), "%s/%d?cmd=download", experiment, message_id);
> strcat(request, " HTTP/1.0\r\n");
>
> - sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Host: %s\r\n", host_name);
> + sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Host: %s\r\n", host);
> sprintf(request + strlen(request), "User-Agent: ELOG\r\n");
>
> first = 1;
> @@ -872,7 +872,7 @@
> strcat(request, " HTTP/1.0\r\n");
>
> sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=%s\r\n", boundary);
> - sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Host: %s\r\n", host_name);
> + sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Host: %s\r\n", host);
> sprintf(request + strlen(request), "User-Agent: ELOG\r\n");
> sprintf(request + strlen(request), "Content-Length: %d\r\n", content_length);

This is not completally true IMHO .. better, it is, but it is not the only problem.

Elog seems to speak HTML/1.0, where "host:" is not implemented ... Since ELOG does not support Vhosts I think the right beaviour is to remove the "Host:" header at all ...

On the other hand it should replay with an error when a bogus client tries to speak HTML/1.0 specifing "host:",
and (the wrost case) when the bogus client says to speak HTML/1.1 and doesnt provide the required "Host:" header ...
Yes .. elog will ignore it, but it is an RFC requirement for HTML/1.1 !
  1277   Mon Jul 18 10:16:35 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportLinuxrev 1.703Display Subject and HTML tags, regression
rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:
Display Subject               = <b>$subject</b>

the <b> tag is displayed and not interpreted, as it was in previous revisions..
  1278   Mon Jul 18 18:36:32 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportLinuxrev 1.703Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression

Emiliano Gabrielli wrote:

this patch should fix the problem .. a little bug still remain, if you insert some allowed HTML tags in the subject this is detected by is_html() so the Display Attribute and the Link is not applied .. the result is that the HTML is working but no elog featur is applied
  1280   Wed Jul 20 19:49:21 2005 Entry Juliana Pengjpeng@yorku.caRequestLinuxV2.6.0hide attributes when view the logbook
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the great work. We have been using elog for a year as inventory management.

Now we have a long list of attributes in our logbook, some of those we want to keep in database for record, but we don't want to see them because they are not used very often. I tried the "Show Attributes". my conf is like this:

Attributes = Name, SysAdmin, OS, Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, Description, Main Function, Location, Memory, CPU Speed, Num CPU, Owner, Contact Name, Contact Phone, Contact Email, Bought From, Bought Date, Maintenance, Network Drop, Console Drop
Options OS = SunOs{1}, Linux{2}, Aix
{1} Show Attributes = Name, SysAdmin, OS, Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, Description

but it seems only effective when adding the new entry. All the attributes will show in logbook. Is there a way to hide some of the attributes? It would be good to let each user to choose what to see what not to see, create their own view. Can you put it on your to-do list or wishlist?

Thanks
  1282   Wed Jul 20 20:54:01 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.5.9-2Re: Omitting some fields in e-mail
> E.g, if you have the following:
> Attributes = TA, Endret, UA, Pri, Status, Oppdragsgiver, EpostTil, EpostIKT, Tittel
> 
> Then you get the heading:
> Logbook             : 
> TA                  : 
> Endret              : 
> UA                  : 
> Pri                 : 
> Status              : 
> Oppdragsgiver       : 
> EpostTil            : 
> EpostIKT            : 
> Tittel              : 
> 
> (removed the attribute data),
> 
> But I would like to send out only:
> UA                  : 
> Pri                 : 
> Status              : 
> Oppdragsgiver       : 
> EpostTil            : 
> Tittel              : 
> 
> Any way to do this in the current version?
> 
> And perhaps change the order too... I'm asking for much perhaps?

I added the option "Email attributes = <list>" for that. So you can specify

Email attributes = UA, Pri, Status, Oppdragsgiver, EpostTil, Tittel

which also sets the order of the attributes. The cange is in CVS.
  1283   Wed Jul 20 21:03:29 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug fixLinux2.5.9Re: elog utility for submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header

This is not completally true IMHO .. better, it is, but it is not the only problem.

Elog seems to speak HTML/1.0, where "host:" is not implemented ... Since ELOG does not support Vhosts I think the right beaviour is to remove the "Host:" header at all ...

So I remove the Host: ... line at all, I hope this is ok with everybody.
  1284   Wed Jul 20 21:13:03 2005 Reply Michael Husbynmichaelh@online.noQuestionLinux2.5.9-2Re: Omitting some fields in e-mail
> I added the option "Email attributes = <list>" for that. So you can specify
> 
> Email attributes = UA, Pri, Status, Oppdragsgiver, EpostTil, Tittel
> 
> which also sets the order of the attributes. The cange is in CVS.

Nice!

Thanks Stefan, I will test it when I'm back from my holiday. Only problem is that this change is also in a
beta version of elog (more "beta" than usual)

Perhaps it is not in this state when I'm back :)

have a nice holiday

Best regards
Michael
  1286   Wed Jul 20 22:28:14 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinuxrev 1.703Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression

rev. 1.707 makes it work again Big grin
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886