Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 201 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versiondown Subject
  68927   Thu Apr 11 20:31:55 2019 Warning Ben Loerben.loer@pnnl.govBug reportLinux3.1.3Can't subscribe email to logbooks in different top groups

We're running elogd behind an apache proxy server, with Authentication = Webserver. We have top groups configured, but a single shared password file.

If a user is looking at a particular logbook and goes to the Config link, they are presented with a list of checkboxes for email subscription to logbooks in that top group.  Clicking "Save" will remove all email subscriptions from all other top groups.

Is there a workaround to this issue?

EDIT: Manually adding an entry for different logbooks in the password file gets clobbered the next time the user logs in.

68928   Fri Apr 12 15:43:42 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux3.1.3Re: Can't subscribe email to logbooks in different top groups

Top groups should use separate password files, otherwise things can mess up.

Stefan

Ben Loer wrote:

We're running elogd behind an apache proxy server, with Authentication = Webserver. We have top groups configured, but a single shared password file.

If a user is looking at a particular logbook and goes to the Config link, they are presented with a list of checkboxes for email subscription to logbooks in that top group.  Clicking "Save" will remove all email subscriptions from all other top groups.

Is there a workaround to this issue?

EDIT: Manually adding an entry for different logbooks in the password file gets clobbered the next time the user logs in.

68929   Thu Apr 18 12:29:05 2019 Question Giuseppe Cucinottagiuseppe.cucinotta@unifi.itQuestionLinux | Windows3.1.3Pinned entry

Hi everybody,

sorry if this question has already been posed (I did a quick search but I didn't found anything): elog sorts entry by ID, I wonder if it is possible to pin an entry in order to be always on top of the page independently on its ID.

Thanks

Giuseppe

68930   Tue Apr 23 10:00:48 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux | Windows3.1.3Re: Pinned entry

This is not directly possible, but you can configure it with a trick. Create an attribute "pinned", make it of type "boolean", and set the start page such that it sorts using the "pinned" attribute:

Atributes = ..., Pinned
Options Pinned = boolean
Start page = ?rsort=Pinned

This move all entries where "Pinned" is true to the top of the list.

Stefan

Giuseppe Cucinotta wrote:

Hi everybody,

sorry if this question has already been posed (I did a quick search but I didn't found anything): elog sorts entry by ID, I wonder if it is possible to pin an entry in order to be always on top of the page independently on its ID.

Thanks

Giuseppe

68931   Tue Apr 23 11:02:32 2019 Reply Giuseppe Cucinottagiuseppe.cucinotta@unifi.itQuestionLinux | Windows3.1.3Re: Pinned entry

Thank you very much! It worked great!

Beppe

Stefan Ritt wrote:

This is not directly possible, but you can configure it with a trick. Create an attribute "pinned", make it of type "boolean", and set the start page such that it sorts using the "pinned" attribute:

Atributes = ..., Pinned
Options Pinned = boolean
Start page = ?rsort=Pinned

This move all entries where "Pinned" is true to the top of the list.

Stefan

Giuseppe Cucinotta wrote:

Hi everybody,

Thanks

Giuseppe

68934   Wed Apr 24 09:15:26 2019 Question Nikolas Patronisnpatronis@uoi.grQuestionLinux3.1.3exclude access to a number of users in one logbook

How can I exclude the access of a number of users in one (out of two) logbooks running in the same server and URL?

68950   Tue Apr 30 09:34:52 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: exclude access to a number of users in one logbook

You have a look here: elog:68936

Nikolas Patronis wrote:

How can I exclude the access of a number of users in one (out of two) logbooks running in the same server and URL?

68971   Tue May 14 09:40:58 2019 Idea Xuan Wuwux@ihep.ac.cnCommentLinux3.1.3add a little function--go to the specified page number

Hi all,

I added an input widget for pagination. I'd like to share it here, maybe someone needs. If there are many pages,  specifying the page number will be useful. 

The picture and patch code are in the attachment

Regards,

Xuan

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886