Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 206 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
    icon2.gif   Re: Upgrading from ELOG V2.5.6-1 to ELOG V2.5.9 steps, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Dec 2 12:27:47 2005 
[quote="Rob de Bruin"]We whant to upgrade to the latest version, can i just install the latest version over my older version??
I wil backup etc. offcourse.[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: Upgrade from 2.3.8 to 2.6.0 logbook problem, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Dec 5 17:11:33 2005 
[quote="Jesse Wodin"]Hi, I'd like to upgrade from an old version of elog 2.3.8 to 2.6.0. I installed the new version, and it runs fine, but it doesn't seem
to see my old logbooks (the path in the conf file is correct).  Do I have to upgrade my logbooks somehow?[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: Logbook aliases, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Dec 13 20:34:39 2005 
[quote="Yoshio Imai"]Is it possible to implement aliases for logbooks? We would like to use a new logbook for every beamtime, but many services need to
read/write to the respective current beamtime logbook. It would therefore be nice to have logbook "aliases", so that e.g. a "virtual" logbook [I]beam[/I]
could be defined to be an alias/redirection to the current beamtime logbook, and all services could refer to that one instead of having to be reconfigured
    icon2.gif   Re: Logbook aliases, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Dec 14 11:48:37 2005 
[quote="Yoshio Imai"]but maybe you can add this to the wishlist if others request the same...[/quote]

Ok, I will do that.
icon3.gif   New ELOG version 2.6.0, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Dec 15 13:08:35 2005 a040.gifa010.gif
Dear ELOG users,

I'm happy to announce the release of ELOG version 2.6.0. After a long period of beta testing, all functions are now sufficiently stable for a public release.
    icon2.gif   Re: Bad date format., posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Dec 15 17:33:39 2005 
[quote="Alex H"]

[Liste]
icon3.gif   Shell substitution, especially interesting for running online experiments, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Dec 20 09:18:19 2005 
Shell substitution has been introduced in an experimental state of the current SVN version of ELOG. It woks such that the subsititution list can contain
[B]$shell(<argument>)[/B] commands. The [B]<argument>[/B] is passed to the shell of the operating system and the result is captured and subsituted. This
is handy for online experiments, where one wants to pass information automatically to elog. Assume that there is a file /tmp/runnumber containing the current
icon3.gif   Howto insert screen dumps into an elog entry, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Dec 20 11:17:17 2005 elc_image.pngCapture.jpg
With the new ELCode tags, one can insert screen dumps pretty easy into elog entries. I personally use HoverSnap 0.8 under Windows, there are similar tools
under Linux. HoverSnap puts a "Capture.jpg" file in a selectable directoy when you press [B]PrintScreen[/B], then you can instert this file with the [IMG]elog:1556/1[/IMG]
button. Here is such a screendump example:
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886