Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 218 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Dateup Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1808   Fri Apr 14 16:30:56 2006 Question Steve Jonessteve.jones@freescale.comQuestionAll2.6.1-1684Any way to move Replies from one logentry to another?
Is there anyway to reattach a reply within a logbook from one logentry to another? I guess it would be "re-associate"?
  1809   Fri Apr 14 17:01:40 2006 Question Mike Jacksonjacksonmf@hotmail.comQuestionWindows2.6.1Text Field color in Summary display
Is it possible to have the text field be the same color as the other attributes in the summary display? What I mean is how each line is a different color, but the text field is always white. I would like the text field to match the rest. I changed the .summary in the css file but it changes all the text fields, it doesn't allow them to alternate colors like the other fields on the summary display
  1810   Sat Apr 15 00:37:48 2006 Agree Marco Calfmarco@kelf.nl.eu.orgCommentLinux2.5.7User review..use case: implementing GTD
Playing with elog for a day made me very happy. I was looking for a webbased thingy to support list building for 'Getting Things Done' by David Allen ( David Allen's Getting Things Done ).
Elog is simple, intuitative and very powerfull!
Less informative is the fact that i found no bugs till now Frown
On usablitity..maybe some more control over the dialog..eg the 'in between' screens (eg after a move...the 'to which log i would like to resume' question)...or have an option to be in select mode by default.
Tnx
  1811   Tue Apr 18 10:01:23 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionAll2.6.1-1684Re: Any way to move Replies from one logentry to another?

Steve Jones wrote:
Is there anyway to reattach a reply within a logbook from one logentry to another? I guess it would be "re-associate"?

No, this is not possible directly. You would have to make a new reply, and manually fill in the contents from the original reply. It is however possible by directly tampering the ELOG files, but that should be done only by experienced users.
  1812   Wed Apr 19 04:48:43 2006 Agree Steve Jonessteve.jones@freescale.comQuestionAll2.6.1-1684Re: Any way to move Replies from one logentry to another?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Steve Jones wrote:

No, this is not possible directly. You would have to make a new reply, and manually fill in the contents from the original reply. It is however possible by directly tampering the ELOG files, but that should be done only by experienced users.

Kind of what I thought but needed to ask. I think I'll leave things as they are. Thanks!
  1813   Tue May 2 22:58:48 2006 Question Mark Bergmanmark.bergman@uphs.upenn.eduQuestionLinux2.6.1Is it possible to require certain attributes for specific users (guests)?
First of all, thanks for writing and maintaining eLog.

I've been using it for a few years, but I'm now introducing it in an environment that may have a lot of "Guest"
accounts.

I'd like to have two "Required Attributes" when a guest enters a new entry; their name and e-mail address. These
fields don't need to be required for registered accounts, since that information is available already.

Is there any way to have conditional statements act on the value of $short_name?

Thanks,

Mark
  1814   Wed May 3 00:16:42 2006 Idea Mark Bergmanmark.bergman@uphs.upenn.eduRequestLinux2.6.1allow per-logfile attributes to be added/subtracted from the global settings
I think it would be a big enhancement to allow per-logbook attributes to be additions or subtractions from the global attributes, rather than replacing the global settings.

For example, the [global] section of my elogd.cfg reads:

Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Severity, Subject, Entry ID, Status
Extendable Attributes = Type, Category, Severity, Subject, Status
Options Category = Hardware, Software (OS and utilities), Software (Application), Network, Security, Other
Options Severity = None, Low, Medium, High, Critical
Options Status = Open, Closed, In-Progress, Suspended
Options Type = To-Do, Problem Report, Problem Fixed, Informational Note, Software Installation, Configuration, Other
Required Attributes = Type, Category, Subject, Status

I've also got an logbook for each server for hardware issues. Within those logbooks, I'd like to keep all the fields except the software fields, and add fields for memory and storage.

Adding 7 definitions to each server logbook makes the config file huge and difficult to edit, and it means that a future change to the global settings wouldn't propagate to the individual log files. I'd really like to do something like:

[server47]
-Options Category = Software (OS and utilities), Software (Application)
+Options Category = Storage, Memory
-Options Type = Software Installation
+Options Type = RAM Installation, Drive upgrade

As I see it, the initial "-" sign in front of an attribute or option would indicate that the fields listed should be deleted from the global set (if the field name is an exact match), and a leading "+" indicates that the given fields would be added to the global attribute of the same name, for that specific logbook.

The current behavior--without a leading "+" or "-" would be unchanged, so that existing config files don't change.

Thanks,

Mark
  1815   Wed May 3 08:28:05 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux2.6.1Re: allow per-logfile attributes to be added/subtracted from the global settings

Mark Bergman wrote:
I think it would be a big enhancement to allow per-logbook attributes to be additions or subtractions from the global attributes, rather than replacing the global settings.

Sounds to me like a good idea. I will put it on the wishlist.
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886