Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 219 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Dateup Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1816   Wed May 3 08:31:52 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.1Re: Is it possible to require certain attributes for specific users (guests)?
> First of all, thanks for writing and maintaining eLog.
> 
> I've been using it for a few years, but I'm now introducing it in an environment that may have a lot of "Guest"
> accounts.
> 
> I'd like to have two "Required Attributes" when a guest enters a new entry; their name and e-mail address. These
> fields don't need to be required for registered accounts, since that information is available already.
> 
> Is there any way to have conditional statements act on the value of $short_name?

No, this is not implemented. The only way you have right now is to make two separate logbooks, one for guests and
one for registered users. But I know this is not an optimal solution. I will think about it.
  1817   Thu May 4 16:01:29 2006 Question Tim Fowlertimfowler1@gmail.comBug reportWindows2.6.1-1681Elogd.exe crashes on windows
I have elog setup to send emails based on the priority of one of the attributes. When a new entry is created, the emails are sent successfully, however if the entry is edited or if you changed the attribute, elogd.exe will crash with a memory access error.

I have tried this and received the same results on different computers and different versions on Elog down to versions 2/6.0 beta 5. (it works correctly in that version).

The attribute in question is setup something like below:

Attributes = Ticket #, Site, Shift, Type, Area, System Name, Description, Priority, Status, Total Down Time, Last Revision

...(omitted config)

Options Priority = High, Medium, Low

...(omitted config)

Use Email Subject = $Site -- $System Name $Description
Use Email From = testuser@myexample.com

;Send email if priority is set to high
Email Priority High = testuser2@myexample.com

Display Email recipients = 1
Email Format = 14
  1818   Thu May 4 17:26:41 2006 Question Alex Halex@synergie-inf.comQuestionWindows2.6.1-1668Date automatically generated by another one
Hi Stefan,
I am searching for a solution in order to have a date automatically generated by another one.

For example I want 1 month more :
I input the first date in "Date publication" : 01/01/2006 and the "Date validation" took automatically the 01/02/2006 value from themselve.

Can I do that with ELOG ?
Thanks for answer.
  1819   Fri May 5 07:58:53 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.6.1-1668Re: Date automatically generated by another one

Alex H wrote:
Hi Stefan,
I am searching for a solution in order to have a date automatically generated by another one.

I input the first date in "Date publication" : 01/01/2006 and the "Date validation" took automatically the 01/02/2006 value from themselve.

Thanks for answer.

No, this is not implemented right now.
  1820   Fri May 5 09:01:04 2006 Reply Alex Halex@synergie-inf.comQuestionWindows2.6.1-1668Re: Date automatically generated by another one

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Alex H wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for answer.

No, this is not implemented right now.

OK! Thank for your response.
  1821   Fri May 5 14:49:19 2006 Question Bertram Metzbmetz@sbs.comQuestionLinux2.6.1-1622Email notification (bug tracking system)
Hello,

I'd like to use ELOG like a bug tracking system. I've created an attribute with the name AssignedTo. The attribute type is set to userlist. The value of AssignedTo is set to the full name of the selected user. There is no simple relationship between the full name and the email address on our system. Is it possible to get the email address of a user from the full name?

Attributes = Author, Category, Hardware, Software, Subject, Keywords, Status, AssignedTo
Options Category = Bug Report{1}, Observation{2}, Other{3}
Type AssignedTo = userlist
Show Attributes = Author, Category, Hardware, Software, Subject, Keywords
{1} Show Attributes = Author, Category, Hardware, Software, Subject, Keywords, Status, AssignedTo
Required Attributes = Author, Hardware, Software, Category
Options Status = new, open, confirmed, closed
;the following line does not work, since $AssinedTo contains the full name of the user
Email Category Bug Report = $AssignedTo@company.com

Kind regards,
Bertram
  1822   Sat May 6 02:12:10 2006 Idea Mark Bergmanmark.bergman@uphs.upenn.eduRequestLinux2.6.1suggestion for "new user registration" page
I'm testing elog, and one user was having difficulty creating a new account for himself. This problem had three reasons:

1. the user expected a "submit" button or some other way to exit the account registration screen to appear near the password boxes, at the bottom of the page.

2. I'm using the "Bottom text" option, which has a URL to execute a "find" (search) within elog for all open tickets. The user simply entered the info for their new account, and then clicked on the button at the bottom of the page--which would be the expected behavior.

3. In our environment, there are many logbooks (~100), as each computing device has it's own logbook. This isn't a problem on the main page, since the logbooks are grouped into 7 categories. However, the account registration page combines two functions--setting up a new account, and selecting which logbooks to subscribe to for e-mail notification. The logbooks are presented in a list (rather than groups), which causes the "Save" button at the top left to scroll off the screen before the user enters their password.

Suggestions for improving the registration page:

Put a "submit" button after the password entry.

Possibly supress the local "bottom text", or allow the specification of a different file for the registration page.

After the user has registered, then show a page allowing them to subscribe for e-mail notifcation. That page should be organized the same way as the main page, with groups. Users should be allowed to subscribe to entire groups, or to expand each group to select or unsubscribe from individual logbooks.

Thanks,

Mark
  1823   Mon May 8 18:23:17 2006 Question Stephen A. Woodsaw@jlab.orgRequestLinux Spec file change
Could the "Copyright:" line in the elog.spec file be changed to "License:" for the next release? Without this change an RPM can't be built on FC4 (RPM 4.4.1). With the change, rpms can still be built in Enterprise linux 3 (RPM 4.2.3).
ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf