Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 222 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  67956   Fri Jun 5 12:34:32 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chCommentLinuxELOG V3.1.0-ac7Re: Emails generated by Elog

I acknowledge these two bugs and will fix them soon.

David Pilgram wrote:

I am one who received an email every time there is a new entry in this forum.

I have just noticed that since May 20, every email contains the message "An old ELOG entry has been updated: "

whereas before that date, the vast majority say "A new ELOG entry has been submitted: "

Is this something to do with the saving of draft messages?

Talking of which, I see my draft of this message shows up in the forum before I have submitted it.

67955   Fri Jun 5 12:28:21 2015 Entry David PilgramDavid.Pilgram@epost.org.ukCommentLinuxELOG V3.1.0-ac7Emails generated by Elog

I am one who received an email every time there is a new entry in this forum.

I have just noticed that since May 20, every email contains the message "An old ELOG entry has been updated: "

whereas before that date, the vast majority say "A new ELOG entry has been submitted: "

Is this something to do with the saving of draft messages?

Talking of which, I see my draft of this message shows up in the forum before I have submitted it.

67954   Fri Jun 5 12:01:01 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindowsV3.0.0-72a8401Re: option transfer

No.

Neal Grafton wrote:

Can the chosen text in a dropdown menu be automatically transfered (copied) to this Text box?

67953   Fri Jun 5 11:52:43 2015 Entry Neal Graftonneal.grafton@stfc.ac.ukQuestionWindowsV3.0.0-72a8401option transfer

Can the chosen text in a dropdown menu be automatically transfered (copied) to this Text box?

67952   Fri Jun 5 10:18:38 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestOther3.1.0-ac73cd7Re: ELOG Version field in elogs/Forum
> Hi Stefan,
> could we change the format of the "ELOG Version" field in this logbook, that one can enter the full git revision
> number?
> That would be 13 characters.
> 
> Cheers
> Andreas

Ok, done.

/Stefan
  67951   Thu Jun 4 19:36:31 2015 Reply Stephen Gswgallman@bpa.govQuestionWindows3.1Re: LDAP docs

Thank you, I am looking to do LDAPS over 636 where would the certificate go (Does it go in the SSL folder?).

David Wallis wrote:

This is what I've been able to figure out, in terms of the elogd.cfg file:

LDAP server = server.domain:389
LDAP userbase = ou=people,o=domain.com,dc=domain,dc=com
LDAP login attribute = uid
LDAP register = 0

Stephen G wrote:

Could someone point me to the LDAP configuration docs, I searched to no avail.  I'm sure there is some big red ldap config button it, but I just can't find it.

67950   Thu Jun 4 18:12:43 2015 Reply David Walliswallis@aps.anl.govQuestionLinux3.1.0-2Re: Timstamp button in ckedit inserts an incorrect string ( elogd 3.1.0-2)

Additional info:

"Time format = %Y" results in "2015" being pasted into the edit window when I hit the "time stamp" button.

"Time format = %m/%Y" results in the string "06/2015"

"TIme format = %m/%d/%Y" results in the string "06/04"

"Time format = %m/%d %H" results in the string "06/04 "

David Wallis wrote:

I just updated to the latest official release (V3.1.0-2411f95) and have these problems:

1. The Time Stamp button pastes the logbook name when "Time format" is not specified in elogd.cfg, and when it is set to "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M", it adds the string "5/28/."
  2. Drag and drop for attachments dosn't work on either Chrome 37.0.2062.94 (64-bit) or FIrefox 31.5.3 (both on Linux). D&D works on the midas.psi.ch demo page. On my logbooks, the "drop attachements here" area does not have a dashed line border
  3. Auto-saving does not seem to be working.

The "Syntax of elogd.cfg" help file doesn't seem to reflect some of these features... it took me a while to find the settings for LDAP authentication. Am I just missing some settings for these features?

My users are loving the new functionality added in 3.1!

67949   Thu Jun 4 16:25:42 2015 Reply David Walliswallis@aps.anl.govQuestionWindows3.1Re: LDAP docs

This is what I've been able to figure out, in terms of the elogd.cfg file:

LDAP server = server.domain:389
LDAP userbase = ou=people,o=domain.com,dc=domain,dc=com
LDAP login attribute = uid
LDAP register = 0

Stephen G wrote:

Could someone point me to the LDAP configuration docs, I searched to no avail.  I'm sure there is some big red ldap config button it, but I just can't find it.

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886