Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 229 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versiondown Subject
  68863   Wed Nov 28 09:26:11 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportWindows3.1.2Re: French Language

I just tried myself with the current version 3.1.4 and it worked for me flawlessly. Maybe you want to upgrade.

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Hi,

When i set Language = French in global config it works in french until i logout, after i can't login anymore, even if i enter my user and password i always stay at the login window, the only way to login again is to edit the Elogd.cfg file in Elog directory, remove the Language = french and save then i can login in and work normally in english version.

Thanks.

68864   Wed Nov 28 16:24:43 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestWindows3.1.2Re: Need to change port 25

Ok, so I added the option 

STMP port = xxx

where you can specify 587 to override the default port 25. I committed the changes to bitbucket. Can you compile from sources, or do I have to dig out my dusty Windows PC?

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

I Stefan, it works with the 587 port.

68865   Wed Nov 28 16:43:14 2018 Reply Yanick Vachonyvachon@materiauxblanchet.caRequestWindows3.1.2Re: Need to change port 25

Hello, 

now we kwow it's working are you gonne send us a version with the SMTP port editable?

Thanks!

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I believe Yanick means the SMTP port, not the port under which elogd is listening. The SMPT port is hard wired to 25, because port 587 was not yet defiend when I wrote that code. I can make this a variable, but only if it works. So Yanick can you test if port 587 accepts normal SMTP commands? We don't have such a new server at our lab and I cannot test it. Under Windows you can open a command prompt and telnet to the mail server:

telnet <server> 587
HELO test
MAIL FROM: test

your server should then reply with "220 ..." and "250 ..." messages. Once this works, I will implement the variable SMTP port.

Stefan

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

This is nicely explained in the documentation: https://elog.psi.ch/elog/config.html#global

The following options are specific to the [global] section:
Port = <port>
Specifies the TCP port under which the server is listening. Default is 80. Can be superseeded via the '-p' command line flag.
Yanick Vachon wrote:

Hi,

We've made changes in our network and now we have to use port 587 instead of port 25, how can i edit that parameter?

Thanks

68866   Wed Nov 28 16:53:58 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestWindows3.1.2Re: Need to change port 25

Just read my post 20 mins ago!

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Hello, 

now we kwow it's working are you gonne send us a version with the SMTP port editable?

Thanks!

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I believe Yanick means the SMTP port, not the port under which elogd is listening. The SMPT port is hard wired to 25, because port 587 was not yet defiend when I wrote that code. I can make this a variable, but only if it works. So Yanick can you test if port 587 accepts normal SMTP commands? We don't have such a new server at our lab and I cannot test it. Under Windows you can open a command prompt and telnet to the mail server:

telnet <server> 587
HELO test
MAIL FROM: test

your server should then reply with "220 ..." and "250 ..." messages. Once this works, I will implement the variable SMTP port.

Stefan

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

This is nicely explained in the documentation: https://elog.psi.ch/elog/config.html#global

The following options are specific to the [global] section:
Port = <port>
Specifies the TCP port under which the server is listening. Default is 80. Can be superseeded via the '-p' command line flag.
Yanick Vachon wrote:

Hi,

We've made changes in our network and now we have to use port 587 instead of port 25, how can i edit that parameter?

Thanks

68867   Wed Nov 28 18:23:59 2018 Reply Yanick Vachonyvachon@materiauxblanchet.caRequestWindows3.1.2Re: Need to change port 25

Good! 

so, i've tried to compile but iwonder if i does it correctly,

look at the error i got:

Thanks again!

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Ok, so I added the option 

STMP port = xxx

where you can specify 587 to override the default port 25. I committed the changes to bitbucket. Can you compile from sources, or do I have to dig out my dusty Windows PC?

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Attachment 1: Capture_Compile.PNG
Capture_Compile.PNG
  68868   Thu Nov 29 09:56:45 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestWindows3.1.2Re: Need to change port 25

I put a new executable for you under https://elog.psi.ch/elog/download/windows/

It's named elog314-2.exe

Best,
Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Good! 

so, i've tried to compile but iwonder if i does it correctly,

look at the error i got:

Thanks again!

68869   Tue Dec 4 21:30:13 2018 Reply Yanick Vachonyvachon@materiauxblanchet.caBug reportWindows3.1.2Re: French Language

I Stefan, i got the problem again with the french version, i realised that if i open it with Chrome or Edge it's not working but with Internet Explorer it works envery times. Is there a way i can use it with Chrome?

Thanks!

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I just tried myself with the current version 3.1.4 and it worked for me flawlessly. Maybe you want to upgrade.

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Hi,

When i set Language = French in global config it works in french until i logout, after i can't login anymore, even if i enter my user and password i always stay at the login window, the only way to login again is to edit the Elogd.cfg file in Elog directory, remove the Language = french and save then i can login in and work normally in english version.

Thanks.

68870   Wed Dec 5 08:41:07 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportWindows3.1.2Re: French Language

Have you tried to delete all cookies in Chrome?

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

I Stefan, i got the problem again with the french version, i realised that if i open it with Chrome or Edge it's not working but with Internet Explorer it works envery times. Is there a way i can use it with Chrome?

Thanks!

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886