Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 229 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSup ELOG Version Subject
  1663   Wed Feb 8 15:29:03 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux Re: email problems

Chris Warner wrote:
Error sending Email via "xxx.xxx.xxx.xx": Syntax error, parameters in command "MAIL FROM: christopher_warner@xxx.gov SIZE=1985" unrecognized or missing

There are two possible reasons:

1) The email address "christopher_warner@xxx.gov" is invalid. Some SMTP server immediately complain about invalid email addresses and refuse to send any mail then. In that case just supply an existing email address or remove that test account.

2) The SMTP server does not like the "SIZE=xxx" option. This comes from a single line in elogd.c:

snprintf(str, strsize - 1, "MAIL FROM: %s SIZE=%d\r\n", from, strlen(text));

you could just go there and remove the " SIZE=%d", so that the line looks like:

snprintf(str, strsize - 1, "MAIL FROM: %s\r\n", from);
to see if that makes any difference.
  1667   Wed Feb 8 18:38:30 2006 Reply Chris Warnerchristopher_warner@dcd.uscourts.govQuestionLinux Re: email problems
The email address id correct. I am using an Elog Binary. I don't have the source code .

Chris Warner

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Chris Warner wrote:
Error sending Email via "xxx.xxx.xxx.xx": Syntax error, parameters in command "MAIL FROM: christopher_warner@xxx.gov SIZE=1985" unrecognized or missing

There are two possible reasons:

1) The email address "christopher_warner@xxx.gov" is invalid. Some SMTP server immediately complain about invalid email addresses and refuse to send any mail then. In that case just supply an existing email address or remove that test account.

2) The SMTP server does not like the "SIZE=xxx" option. This comes from a single line in elogd.c:

snprintf(str, strsize - 1, "MAIL FROM: %s SIZE=%d\r\n", from, strlen(text));

you could just go there and remove the " SIZE=%d", so that the line looks like:

snprintf(str, strsize - 1, "MAIL FROM: %s\r\n", from);
to see if that makes any difference.
  1668   Thu Feb 9 00:37:29 2006 Entry Alan Stonealstone@fnal.govQuestionLinux2.6.1-1622menu commands - user list does not match config list
I am attempting to configure the Elog for use at the CMS Remote Operations Center
at Fermilab. I included the following option:

Menu commands = List, New, Reply, Duplicate, Find, Last day, Config, Admin, Login, Logout, Help

but the available list (after restarting the elog daemon) gives me:

CMS ROC Logbook, Page 1 of 1 Logged in as "Alan Stone" ELOG Home
New | Find | Select | CSV Import | Config | Logout | Help

Did I miss a step in the syntax instructions?

Thanks, Alan
  1669   Thu Feb 9 09:04:05 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.1-1622Re: menu commands - user list does not match config list

Alan Stone wrote:
I am attempting to configure the Elog for use at the CMS Remote Operations Center
at Fermilab. I included the following option:

Menu commands = List, New, Reply, Duplicate, Find, Last day, Config, Admin, Login, Logout, Help

but the available list (after restarting the elog daemon) gives me:

CMS ROC Logbook, Page 1 of 1 Logged in as "Alan Stone" ELOG Home
New | Find | Select | CSV Import | Config | Logout | Help

Did I miss a step in the syntax instructions?

Yap. There are two menus, one for the listing page which contains only line per entry, and one for the individual entry page. You changed the one for the individual entry page, which you will see when you slick on any entry. To change the listing page manu, do a List Menu commands = ...
  1670   Thu Feb 9 09:09:30 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux Re: email problems

Chris Warner wrote:
The email address id correct. I am using an Elog Binary. I don't have the source code.

Ok, so I removed the SIZE=xxx parameter, which is not strictly necessary anyhow I believe. So wait for the next release, and you can try.
  1682   Fri Feb 10 21:26:33 2006 Question Chris Warnerchristopher_warner@dcd.uscourts.govQuestionLinux Re: email problems
Do you have an ise when that will be?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Chris Warner wrote:
The email address id correct. I am using an Elog Binary. I don't have the source code.

Ok, so I removed the SIZE=xxx parameter, which is not strictly necessary anyhow I believe. So wait for the next release, and you can try.
  1683   Fri Feb 10 21:50:27 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux Re: email problems

Chris Warner wrote:
Do you have an ise when that will be?

In about a week from now.
  1688   Tue Feb 14 12:57:37 2006 Question Dimitrios Tsirigkasdimitrios.tsirigkas@cern.chQuestionLinux2.6.1Accessing elog through two apache servers...
Hello,

We have elogd running on a pc, say cmsdaqpreseries, that also runs an apache server and we've made sure that it's only accessible through the apache server, like so:

http://cmsdaqpreseries.cern.ch/elog/

This works fine.

We then tried to set up another apache server on another computer, say cmsdaq, and use that as a proxy server to access the apache server on cmsdaqpreseries and thus the elog (don't ask why...). Our sysadmin has set up kerberos authentication on that machine, so if I go to:

https://cmsdaq.cern.ch/elog/ (note the 's')

I am prompted for a username and password and then get the elog selection page. All seems to be working well, for example, the URL:

https://cmsdaq.cern.ch/elog/DAQ/?cmd=Find

will load properly. However, if I hit "login" (https://cmsdaq.cern.ch/elog/DAQ/?cmd=Login) I get caught in an infinite redirection. Of course:

http://cmsdaqpreseries.cern.ch/elog/DAQ/?cmd=Find

will still work! Any ideas on what we should do to set it up correctly? And why does this only happen with the login command?

Our sysadmin used ethereal to sniff the message exchange between the apache on cmsdaqpreseries and elog. I am including the details of the http request that elog likes (directly from cmsdaqpreseries) and of the one it doesn't like (from cmsdaqpreseries but originating at cmsdaq) as image attachments, as the text is not selectable (sorry).

Thanks in advance,

Dimitris
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886