Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 720 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icondown Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  67123   Tue Sep 13 13:38:19 2011 Idea Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chBug fixLinux2.9.0-2414Re: Elog crashes with URL find npp=0
> [...] It appears that npp=0 crashes elogd [...]

Here's a patch: search for "npp" in src/elogd.c and add the following line:
  if (n_page<=0) n_page = 20;

Here's the diff output for version 2.9.0-2414
*** 20092,20096 ****
     if (isparam("npp"))
        n_page = atoi(getparam("npp"));
+    if (n_page<=0) n_page = 20;

if (page_mid) {
  67177   Fri Jan 27 14:05:09 2012 Idea Christian Herzogherzog@phys.ethz.chQuestionLinux2.9.0el cheapo LDAP binding

Hi all,

we would like to hook elog to our LDAP server. Instead of writing a full-featured LDAP auth module for elog, I have the following idea: use Apache's LDAP module to require LDAP auth for a single logbook:

<Location /elog/admin>

Use PhysLDAP

Use RequirePhysLDAPGroup isg

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} (.+)

RewriteRule . - [E=RU:%1]

RequestHeader add X-Forwarded-User %{RU}e

</Location>
the two Use statements are Apache macros that define our LDAP settings. The last 4 lines are necessary for Apache to pass on the logged in user to the proxied elog (ends up in ENV X-Forwarded-User).
In elogd.c, I added 

/* extract REMOTE_USER */

if ((p = strstr(request, "X-Forwarded-User:")) != NULL) {

p += 17;

while (*p && *p == ' ')

p++;

strlcpy(remote_user, p, sizeof(remote_user));

if (strchr(remote_user, '\r'))

*strchr(remote_user, '\r') = 0;

char sid[32];

/* get a new session ID */

sid_new(NULL, remote_user, (char *) inet_ntoa(rem_addr), sid);

/* set SID cookie */

set_sid_cookie(NULL, sid);

// TODO: set lbs!

}

to process_http_request in order to extract the LDAP login. I have managed to populate the author field with remote_user, but what I'd really like is to write a cookie containing this login name so that session handling kicks in. You can see that I attempt to write a cookie, but elogd segfaults at set_sid_cookie() (gdb backtrace: 
set_cookie (lbs=0x0, name=0x483b22 "sid", value=0x7ffffffd7590 "4831386B7B333A99", global=0, expiration=0x7ffffffd7300 "")

Would anyone be willing to help me with this? I'm not at all familiar with the program flow in elogd and my C is a bit rusty...

thanks,
-Christian

--
Dr. Christian Herzog <herzog@phys.ethz.ch>  support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT H 8                    voice: +41 44 633 39 50
Department of Physics, ETH Zurich
8093 Zurich, Switzerland                     http://nic.phys.ethz.ch/

67218   Thu Mar 29 13:01:17 2012 Idea leen smitleen.smit@gmail.comInfoLinux | AllELOG V2.9.RSS Feed
Hi All, Just a quick message in the hope of helping other find an answer to the question: How to reach the RSS Feed??? I spend hours trying to find out what the correct URL is to reach the feed. The documentation on this is non-existent - at least we could't find this anywhere in the docs. Answer: Just add elog.rdf at the end of the URL of the logbook!! eg. http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/elog.rdf Leen
  67219   Thu Mar 29 13:01:26 2012 Idea leen smitleen.smit@gmail.comInfoLinux | AllELOG V2.9.RSS Feed
Hi All,

Just a quick message in the hope of helping other find an answer to the question: How to reach the RSS Feed???
I spend hours trying to find out what the correct URL is to reach the feed. The documentation on this is non-existent - at least we could't find this anywhere in the docs.

Answer: Just add elog.rdf at the end of the URL of the logbook!!
eg. http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/elog.rdf

Leen
  67456   Mon Feb 25 19:10:07 2013 Idea Francois CukierMonsieurdindon@gmail.comQuestionWindows2.9.2Edit from summary view

Good day,

I was wondering (and I searched for :) ) a way to directly edit an entry while in summary view instead of having to first click on the entry then click on Edit...

I mean, in summary view, every row entry is clickable to access the entry itself (except email witch open email client), so instead to open it, can it be edited directly ?

Is it possible ?

67457   Mon Feb 25 19:12:47 2013 Idea Francois CukierMonsieurdindon@gmail.comQuestionWindows2.9.2Search result background color

Is it possible to change the "yellow" background color when running a search ? (I looked in the css, there is nothing...) 

Couldn't find any syntax for elogd.cfg

Thanks for your help :)

67460   Wed Feb 27 13:43:00 2013 Idea Francois CukierMonsieurdindon@gmail.comQuestionWindows2.9.2Custom "move to"

Good day,

I have 2 logbooks. The main one and the one for the archived entries.

I can make a "move to" command in the main one witch will bring the drop down for the archive. (working perfect).

I was wondering if it is possible to make a "custom" move to in witch I can directly specify the destination logbook, hide the drop down and rename the button.

The main objective is to make a button called "Archive" witch the users only have to press to move the selected entries.<

I know I can make some custom command in list view ie :<a href="?xxx=xxx1|xxx2">zzz</a> so I was wondering if the same is possible and if so, can you guide me on the syntax ?

Thanks for your help :)

67480   Fri Apr 26 19:00:07 2013 Idea Garret Delarondegarret.delaronde@gmail.comQuestionWindows2.9.2Google Places API AutoComplete

G'day everyone.

Looking for some input on this idea.

I work for an organization which uses elog extensively for day to day operations.

In several of our logbooks we use a "location" attribute where we would enter an address or intersection.

I am working with the google places api and am able to create the auto complete form in a separate html page, but am interested if anyone has a good direction how i could change the input box into the google map autocomplete search box.

I have the code already for the api search box. but when i add it to the config it doesn't really do anything different.

Attached is the html file i setup with the api code.

the autocomplete works great, now i just want it to work in elog.

Any help is much appreciated!

And perhaps the Elog Powers that be might be interested in making it a function down the road? :)

Attachment 1: Test_Search.html
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6