Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 746 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
IDup Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  69371   Mon Jun 14 18:06:06 2021 Idea Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chCommentLinux | AllV3.1.4Re: Request: make $text available for "subst"

I should tell that I found a simpler way to achieve the same:
I suppress the "text" field and use a single line text input field instead.
The single line input in "free text" modes just contains "<br>" : I would have had to use those in the text field anyway.

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Hi Stefan,
no problem: if I just strip all newlines from the $text field (in HTML you use <br> anyway, the newline has no function apart from whitespace), and my multiline attribute is fine to go.
I do not intend to make the attribute editable: it is just used for display. Because that allows me to create the attribute either from free text or from combining other fields - depending on conditional attributes.

As a special feature you could strip all newlines beforehand, when providing the $text for subst statements.

Cheers, Andreas

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Sure, attributes can be shown multi-line, but they cannot be stored in the elog internal database. The database is a very old design and only allows for single line attributes. Just look at a YYMMDDa.log file and you will see that. I would have to change the database format to somethign more advanced like XML, but that would take me a couple of weeks or months.

Soooorrryy! ;-)

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

While the input widget of text attributes is a single line, they can easily be multi-line in the display - when you use HTML at least.
And of course the user can parse the text field and generate a single line, if he wants to.
If you leave it to me, I'll create wonderful applications to that feature :-)

Please? ;-)

Stefan Ritt wrote:

$text is the full body text and can go over many lines. Since attributes are restricted to single lines, it's not possible to substitute them with the body text.

Stefan

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Hi Stefan,

I've just tried to read the $text with subst into another field and failed.
It looks like $text is only available for the execution of shell scripts in the "execute new|edit|delete = <script>" command.

Could that be added? I can think of a multitude of applications:

• In my case I want to fill an attribute X either with free text or generated from other fields. The list view will show just X and not how it was generated.
  • I could fill an attribute automatically with the character length of the text.
  • I could parse the text in a shell script and set other attributes according to the content.

Thank you for considering it.

Cheers, Andreas

69372   Mon Jun 14 18:51:59 2021 Reply Sebastian Schenksebastian.schenk@physik.uni-halle.deBug reportAllV3.1.4Bug Report with CSS includes (was Re: How to format a column in list display?)

Hi Andreas,

the bug you have found was already reported in an earlier issue, together with the same solution you have found.
https://elog.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/69368

Best wishes,
Sebastian

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
[...]

That works like a charm - until I log in to the logbook. Then the include of the CSS in the header is garbled with some "prefix" of random chars:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="elog.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="`=T ýpikett.css">

And a quick check in the source code shows some bad code:

L7615: function "show_html_header"

rsprintf("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" href=\"%s%s\">\n", css_base, css);

Here css_base is a not initialized local variable of the function. In fact the above line is the only reference of that variable char css_base[1000].

The bug is still present in elog-3.1.4-611489b

69373   Sat Jun 19 18:38:21 2021 Question Christian Ospelkauschristian.ospelkaus@iqo.uni-hannover.deQuestionAll3.1.3when using webserver authentication, how can I restrict the users that can edit any given elog?

Dear elog users & developers,

the subject line says it all: when using webserver authentication, how is it possible to restict access of users to any given elog? Only using the apche rules? Admin user and Login user do not seem to be doing anything for me. I am using elog as packaged by debian for buster, using an apache ssl proxy. Thank you for providing this software,

Christian

69374   Sun Jun 20 14:38:06 2021 Reply Christian Ospelkauschristian.ospelkaus@iqo.uni-hannover.deQuestionAll3.1.3Re: when using webserver authentication, how can I restrict the users that can edit any given elog?

Dear all,

I figured it out. Current global config is (using kerberos instead)

[global]
port = 8081
Default encoding = 0
SSL = 0
Authentication = Kerberos
URL = https://my_url_here/
interface = 127.0.0.1
Password file = global.pwd
SMTP host = my_mail_host
Logfile = /var/log/elog.log
Logging level = 3
User = elog
Grp = elog

Best,

Christian

Christian Ospelkaus wrote:

Dear elog users & developers,

the subject line says it all: when using webserver authentication, how is it possible to restict access of users to any given elog? Only using the apche rules? Admin user and Login user do not seem to be doing anything for me. I am using elog as packaged by debian for buster, using an apache ssl proxy. Thank you for providing this software,

Christian

69375   Wed Jun 23 03:48:22 2021 Question Xuan Wuwux@ihep.ac.cnQuestionLinux3.13Drop attachments here...

The function of "Drop attachments here..." is only for root user? I'd like it could be used by all users.

69376   Wed Jun 23 14:08:15 2021 Reply Maximmaxsimuus69@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.1.4-3Re: Problem with a self-compiled code.

Good afternoon Sebastian!
Thank you very much for your help.

Sebastian Schenk wrote:

Hello Maxim,

I just stumbled on a similar issue. Also with a self-compiled elogd on Ubuntu.

We also use a custom css and by clicking on the "New" or "Reply" or "Duplicate" the elog generates the entry editor.
On the first load of this page the link to the css file is sometimes corrupted by having some garbage characters in it.
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ƒŒüthemes/name.css">

I found the bug in the code and made a PR on the bitbucket. Here is the commit to fix it yourself.
https://bitbucket.org/merrx/elog/commits/cea193ded7161bb6d1f67725ca109d2d4341128a

Best wishes,
Sebastian

Maxim wrote:

Dear, sir! There is a problem with a configuration file.

The code was compiled by Cygwin (gcc-core, gcc-g++, make, gdb, libssl-dev).  After a compilation a reference to our own css-file was written in configuration file and css-file was included in a folder “themes/default” of the project.

The problem is that in running elog-3.1.4-1 (and upper versions) css-file name in a code of a page has some random symbols before file-name, for example: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ø9öÿeLogOUK.css">. It was found that the problem is resolved if a string “Password file=passwd” is deleted, but in this case it is impossible to set passwords to the users.

Here is an example of configuration file which is taken from the forum and just one string (CSS=elogOUK.css) has added to the code

What can be done to resolve this problem?

69377   Wed Jun 23 15:28:00 2021 Question Maximmaxsimuus69@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.1.4-3Timezome problem

Good afternoon!

The elog does not see the time zone. It displays UTC + 0. When I transfer old entries to a new compiled log, they are displayed 3 hours earlier (my time zone is UTC + 3). When creating a new record, it creates them in the UTC + 0.

Compilation occurs in Cygwin.

Version elog – 3.1.4-3.

Please help solve this problem.

69378   Mon Jun 28 14:53:44 2021 Reply Sebastian Schenksebastian.schenk@physik.uni-halle.deQuestionLinux3.13Re: Drop attachments here...

I can't confirm this behavoiur. In our instance, every user can use the attachment function of the elog.
Either through "Drag&Drop" or "Browse&Upload" in the entry editor.

What do you mean by "root" user?
The elog can have serveral admin users, but this behaviour is equal for admin and non-admin users.
You should not run the elog server as user "root" of the machine for security reason, but also for issues with file permissions.

Xuan Wu wrote:

The function of "Drop attachments here..." is only for root user? I'd like it could be used by all users.

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886