Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 770 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authordown Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  2007   Thu Oct 19 11:45:18 2006 Question Alexandre Lindotealex@lipc.fis.uc.ptQuestionLinux2.6.2-1699How to pass attachment names to an Execute line?
Hi,

I'm trying to pass the name of an attachment in a "Execute new " line, but I can't seem to get the correct syntax...
I've tried:
Execute new = echo "New document with reference $Internal Ref with the name $attachements " >> /home/zeplin3/lixo.log
Execute new = echo "New document with reference $Internal Ref with the name $attachements1 " >> /home/zeplin3/lixo.log
Execute new = echo "New document with reference $Internal Ref with the name $1 " >> /home/zeplin3/lixo.log

but nothing seem to work. If I remove the $attachments bit the output is correct...
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alex
  2012   Fri Oct 20 13:26:10 2006 Question Alexandre Lindotealex@lipc.fis.uc.ptQuestionLinux2.6.2-1699Text column in the main list
Hi,

is there a way of removing the "Text" column from the main listing of a logbook?
I have a logbook that works as a document database, and I don't even allow the entering of text... But the column insists on appearing! Smile

Thanks

Alex
  2014   Fri Oct 20 13:36:29 2006 Reply Alexandre Lindotealex@lipc.fis.uc.ptQuestionLinux2.6.2-1699Re: Text column in the main list

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Alexandre Lindote wrote:
Is there a way of removing the "Text" column from the main listing of a logbook?
I have a logbook that works as a document database, and I don't even allow the entering of text... But the column insists on appearing! Smile

Summary lines = 0

Great! Thanks a lot

Alex
  2018   Wed Oct 25 18:00:24 2006 Question Alexandre Lindotealex@lipc.fis.uc.ptQuestionLinux ELCode
Hi,

can you think of any obvious reason why the ELCode would not work in the logbooks I set up?
I can use it here, on the forum, and on the DEMO logbook, but not on the ones I created...
Oh, and me inserting "Allowed encoding = " whatever in the config file doesn't seem to mater as well... I always get the 3 options!
Am I missing a flag somewhere?
The config file for this logbook is below...

Thanks a lot

Alex

Theme = default
Page Title = ZEPLIN-III Idiot's Guide
Comment = ZEPLIN-III Idiot's Guide - test phase
Subdir = idiots_guide
Time format = %A, %B %d, %Y, %H:%M
Date format = %A, %B %d, %Y
Menu commands = List, New, Edit, Delete, Download, Find, Last day, Config, Admin, Login, Logout, Help
Display mode = summary
Preset Author = $long_name
Attributes = Author, Type, Subject
Options Type = Software, Hardware
Required Attributes = Author, Type, Subject
Reverse sort = 1
Quick filter = Type, Subject
List Display = Edit, Type, Subject, Author, Date

;define zeplin3 as a user who can enter and read entries, but not modify
;or create new entries
;Deny New = zeplin3
;Deny Edit = zeplin3
;Deny Reply = zeplin3
;Deny Delete = zeplin3
Deny Config = zeplin3
;Deny CSV Import = zeplin3

;define that only the administrator will see the Admin link
Allow Admin = alex

;Remove email notification for now. There's no SMTP server working...
Suppress default = 3
Suppress Email on edit = 3

;show or hide the mode menu
Mode commands = 0

;With this option, an entry being edited by another user becomes red
;Use Lock = 1

;allow only html and text entries for now
Allowed encoding = 3
Default encoding = 1
  2020   Wed Oct 25 21:52:13 2006 Reply Alexandre Lindotealex@lipc.fis.uc.ptQuestionLinux2.6.2-1699Re: ELCode

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Alexandre Lindote wrote:
can you think of any obvious reason why the ELCode would not work in the logbooks I set up?

There is a good reason why this forum contains a ELOG Version tag which you are supposed to fill out for new entries. Without knowing which version you are using I cannot help you. Probably you have an old version which does not support the Allowed encoding.

Sorry about that... it's 2.6.2-1699, so a very recent one.
  2022   Fri Oct 27 13:02:50 2006 Reply Alexandre Lindotealex@lipc.fis.uc.ptQuestionLinux2.6.2-1699Re: ELCode

Alexandre Lindote wrote:
Hi,

Ok, I think I found the problem... For some reason the elcode.js file was only in /usr/local/elog/scripts, but it was supposed to be in
/usr/local/elog/themes/default/ as well.
Creating a symlink between the two solved that problem. I can now do most things with the ELCode, but inserting images is still failing. I get this message from the firefox javascript console:

text.value has no properties (line 32 of elcode.js)

Any thoughts?

Alex
  2026   Tue Oct 31 20:05:07 2006 Question Alexandre Lindotealex@lipc.fis.uc.ptQuestionLinux2.6.2-1739calling a shell in the Options tag
Hi,

is it possible to run a shell script in an "Options" tag, as it is with the "Preset", "Subst", and so on?
I need to have something like this:

Options Update of = $shell(/home/alex/zeplin3/elog/z3elog-mirror/documents/ext_docs.sh MinGen)

the script returns a line with comma separated values...

Thanks

Alex
  2029   Wed Nov 1 09:53:05 2006 Reply Alexandre Lindotealex@lipc.fis.uc.ptQuestionLinux2.6.2-1739Re: calling a shell in the Options tag

Steve Jones wrote:

Alexandre Lindote wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to run a shell script in an "Options" tag, as it is with the "Preset", "Subst", and so on?
I need to have something like this:

Options Update of = $shell(/home/alex/zeplin3/elog/z3elog-mirror/documents/ext_docs.sh MinGen)

the script returns a line with comma separated values...

Thanks

Alex

Steve Jones wrote:

Alex, have you tried it? Novel idea!

Yes, I have. It doesn't seem to... Frown
I just get one option, which is the shell line itself.
Something like:

--- Please select ---
$shell(/home/alex/zeplin3/elog/z3elog-mirror/documents/ext_docs.sh MinGen)

Cheers

Alex
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886