Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 770 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSup ELOG Version Subject
  69027   Wed Oct 9 12:09:19 2019 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionWindows3.1.2Re: How to export and import all the threat from old elog server to the new elog server

See https://elog.psi.ch/elog/config.html#mirroring

and

https://elog.psi.ch/elog/userguide.html#access

(use "find" with "Export to" "Raw".)

stalin wrote:

Hi Team,

Can you please guide me how to export and import the documents from the one elog to the another elog server also I like to know how to backup the server.

Thanks

Stan

69031   Thu Oct 10 11:50:06 2019 Entry Maxoprolletjes+elog@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.4.1Author name in reply to entry is from original poster

My elog has this config for the author:

Option Author = Filled In Automatically
Preset Author = $Long_name
Locked Attributes = Author

This works as intended: when you submit a new entry, the author name is filled in automatically and cannot be changed.

However, when Alice wants to post a reply to an entry the Bruce has made, the preset author name does not say Alice, it says Bruce. I haven't been able to find out how to change this (other than make the author name editable). Even when Author isn't configured as as locked attribute, it still displays the original author's name.

How can I get this to work like I want/need to?

69032   Thu Oct 10 11:58:14 2019 Reply Stefano Lacaprarastefano.lacaprara@pd.infn.itQuestionWindows3.4.1Re: Author name in reply to entry is from original poster

This should do the trick

Preset on reply Author = $long_name

Best, Stefano

Max wrote:

This works as intended: when you submit a new entry, the author name is filled in automatically and cannot be changed.

However, when Alice wants to post a reply to an entry the Bruce has made, the preset author name does not say Alice, it says Bruce. I haven't been able to find out how to change this (other than make the author name editable). Even when Author isn't configured as as locked attribute, it still displays the original author's name.

69033   Thu Oct 10 12:01:10 2019 Reply Maxoprolletjes+elog@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.4.1Re: Author name in reply to entry is from original poster

Brilliant in all its simplicity! Many thanks!

Stefano Lacaprara wrote:

This should do the trick

Best, Stefano

Max wrote:

69034   Thu Oct 10 12:41:09 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows3.4.1Re: Author name in reply to entry is from original poster

Max wrote:

69035   Fri Oct 11 14:16:58 2019 Question Finn Junkerfj@tvis.netQuestionWindows3.1.4Edit of multiple posts

Hello Elog Forum

There is i ELOG the function to edit multiple posts eg. to change the staus from "ongoing" to "finished" -> in danish translation "igangværende" and "afsluttet", see the attached pictures.

When I select multiple post and want to edit them to status "afsluttet" i get the "udklip_2.jpg" entry form and change only the status to "afsluttet" (Finished)

The result is a error informing that the attribut "gem oprindelige værdier" does not exist. As a test i changed the text in the translation file from "Keep origianl values = gem oprindelige værdier" to "Keep origianl values = Keep origianl values" but the result is the same error: Attribut Keep original values does not exist.

Is there a solution to this or is or is mutiple editing of post not allowed?

Kind Regards Finn

Attachment 1: Udklip1.JPG
Udklip1.JPG
Attachment 2: Udklip_2.JPG
Udklip_2.JPG
  69037   Tue Oct 15 10:37:29 2019 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionWindows3.1.4Re: Edit of multiple posts

I use editing of multiple entries frequently and it works fine for me.

To understand your problem I would suggest that you try a minimal configuration. If you have a test logbook with just one or two fields and it still does not work, then post the config here that people can reproduce your problem - and hopefully find a fix.

Cheers, Andreas

Finn Junker wrote:

Hello Elog Forum

There is i ELOG the function to edit multiple posts eg. to change the staus from "ongoing" to "finished" -> in danish translation "igangværende" and "afsluttet", see the attached pictures.

When I select multiple post and want to edit them to status "afsluttet" i get the "udklip_2.jpg" entry form and change only the status to "afsluttet" (Finished)

The result is a error informing that the attribut "gem oprindelige værdier" does not exist. As a test i changed the text in the translation file from "Keep origianl values = gem oprindelige værdier" to "Keep origianl values = Keep origianl values" but the result is the same error: Attribut Keep original values does not exist.

Kind Regards Finn

69045   Thu Oct 17 14:57:25 2019 Reply Finn Junkerfj@tvis.netQuestionWindows3.1.4Re: Edit of multiple posts

Hello Andreas

OK, I did install a version of ELOG with a minimum of settings and the edit of multiple settings works fine. I've tracked the issue to "Locked Attributes = Bruger".

If one or more of the attributes are locked i get the error "Error: Attribute option - keep original values - not existing". I'm not trying to change the locked attribute, but it seems when one is locked multiple editing is not possible.

Is that intended to work this way?

Kind Regards Finn

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

I use editing of multiple entries frequently and it works fine for me.

To understand your problem I would suggest that you try a minimal configuration. If you have a test logbook with just one or two fields and it still does not work, then post the config here that people can reproduce your problem - and hopefully find a fix.

Cheers, Andreas

Finn Junker wrote:

Hello Elog Forum

Kind Regards Finn

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886