Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 772 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authorup Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  66540   Wed Sep 9 08:16:22 2009 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2185Supress Email on Reply

The way I have ELOG configured it sends an email to supervisors based on which "Department " (attribute) was selected. Problem is that when the supervisor replies the department

is still selected and it sends a second email to the supervisor. Is there any way to supress the emails (automatically) on "Reply"?

66709   Fri Feb 12 08:31:14 2010 Reply mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2140Re: Grouping Logbooks

Stefan Ritt wrote:

mike cianci wrote:

I really appreciate your help and I hope that my questions warrant your time.

What I am trying to accomplish is two totally separate groups of logbooks that share a common logbook.

Three logbooks

Logbook A

Logbook B

Logbook C (just informational, write protected)

Two Groups

Top Group 1 = Logbook A, Logbook C

Top Group 2 = Logbook B, Logbook C

What is happening is everything looks good until you try to enter Logbook C from Group 1. You end up in Logbook C (the right logbook) but you are now in Group 2.

Actual Code:

;Groupings
Top Group Central = Centaur, On-LineHelps
Top Group Good Sam = GSH, On-LineHelps

You cannot put the same logbook into two groups. All you can do is to define two logbooks C1 and C2, and force their data directories to be the same (via the "Subdir = ..." directive), so they will actually look at the same data.

Stefan, sorry to bother you yet again. but I can not seem to get the "Subdir" to do what I want (user error I am sure). Thanks for any help you can give.

[OnlineHelps]
Write Password = SWNlQ3ViZQ==
;DISPLAY
Theme = default
Display mode = threaded
Mode Commands = 0
List Menu commands = New, Find, Config

Thread display = --------------  $Title  --------------

Comment = On-Line Helps
Attributes = Title
Required Attributes = Title
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1

[OLH.gsh]

Subdir = \\ssoelog\ELOG\logbooks\OnlineHelps
Write Password = SWNlQ3ViZQ==
;DISPLAY
Theme = default
Display mode = threaded
Mode Commands = 0
List Menu commands = New, Find, Config

Thread display = --------------  $Title  --------------

Comment = On-Line Helps
Attributes = Title
Required Attributes = Title
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1

67113   Sun Sep 4 23:01:15 2011 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2185Rename Logbook

I have a logbook with data in it that I need  to  rename  and preserve the the existing data (old book) in the newly named book (i.e. can I move all of the data from one book to a new book and than delete the data from the original book)?

As always thank you for your time.

67125   Fri Sep 23 01:16:30 2011 Reply mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2185Re: Rename Logbook

Stefan Ritt wrote:

mike cianci wrote:

I have a logbook with data in it that I need  to  rename  and preserve the the existing data (old book) in the newly named book (i.e. can I move all of the data from one book to a new book and than delete the data from the original book)?

As always thank you for your time.

There are two ways:

1) Create a new logbook, add the "Copy to" command to the old logbook. Select all entries and copy them to the new logbook, and delete the old one.

2) Change the logbook name in elogd.cfg, by manually editing the file, then rename the subdirectory in your file system from the old to the new name, then restart elogd.

The second solution is much simpler, but you have to manipulate files and directories yourself.

Whatever you do, make sure to back up you files before any operation. 

Sorry, about this dumb question but with  "Copy to = <logbook list> " what is the format of  <logbook list>?

Is it just the "logbook Name" or is it the actual path name   "http://something/somethingelse"?

67135   Fri Sep 30 22:38:43 2011 Reply mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2185Re: Rename Logbook

Stefan Ritt wrote:

David Pilgram wrote:

Anyway, Stefan <i>et al</i> have got CERN's faster-than-light particle problem to deal with this morning.

I would be too lucky if I just could fix this as I fix some ELOG problems! I guess hundreds of physicists right now are pondering about what could have gone wrong in data taking, because nobody really believes that this is a real effect. 

Got it to work, manipulating the files was not that hard once I got over the FEAR factor.  Good luck with the speed of light thing.

67694   Fri Aug 8 22:36:29 2014 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2185Preset Text

Sorry for the novice question, but can anyone tell me where the ".txt" document is suppose to reside for the "Preset text" statement to find it? I have a "test.txt" document in the "Template" file but all "Preset text = test.txt" does is print "test.txt" in the comment section.

Thanks,  Mike

67697   Fri Aug 22 23:10:28 2014 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5 Preset Text

I have stripped my config file down to one command:   "Preset text = \\ssoelog\elog\templates\test2.txt"

If I type the path "\\ssoelog\elog\templates\test2.txt" into my browser I see the contents of the file, which is the word  "YES"

But when I open a "New" page in ELOG the command returns:    " \\ssoelog\elog\templates\test2.txt"

Could it have anything to do with the fact that I am using Version 2.7.5

554   Thu Jun 3 22:22:33 2004 Question miljan dedicmde@hvidovre.dkBug reportWindows2.5.2Resubmit as new entry
Hello,
Elogd crashing when "Resubmit as new entry" is executed.
Tried with demo config, same result, also tried with snapshot version.
After the first crash i restart elogd, then it crashes every time i enter 
the logbook containing the entry i tried to "Resubmit as new entry"
Anyone seen same behavior, on win2000 platform ?.

Miljan
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886