Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 194 of 236  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon1.gif   [BUG] attach=1 and inline imgs, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jul 4 18:46:25 2005 elog-showattach_bug.jpg
There is a little difference in the way elog treats attachment's display in list and single message view...
It has to be, but some beaviours can be seen as bugs:

• this is a real bug (see attachment).. if a file is referred inside the text (as shown in elcode docs) it is correctly not shown when in single message view, but it remains visible both inline and as attachment in the full list view
  • it would be nice for the user having, as in the single message view, the possibility of show or hide a single or all the attachements of a single message ..
    icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] attach=1 and inline imgs, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Jul 5 22:35:52 2005 

Emiliano Gabrielli wrote:
There is a little difference in the way elog treats attachment's display in list and single message view...
It has to be, but some beaviours can be seen as bugs:

• this is a real bug (see attachment).. if a file is referred inside the text (as shown in elcode docs) it is correctly not shown when in single message view, but it remains visible both inline and as attachment in the full list view
  • it would be nice for the user having, as in the single message view, the possibility of show or hide a single or all the attachements of a single message ..

I removed attachment displays for all views if the image is referenced inline. A potential problem is that it might confuse people. During submission (and later during editing), they see an attachment at the bottom, but the link at the botton is not visible in normal display. If they want to extract an inline image into a file, they have to know that there is a "Save image as..." in their browser. So let's see how many people complain.
icon4.gif   [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Wed Jun 22 11:04:41 2005 
the new link "show only new entries" is very useful but seems to still have some problems:

• I can't find any simple way to return to the "every entries" display .. may be the link has to be switched to a checkbox to be actived or not
  • I found a way (at least)... following the "config" link, doing nothing and coming back restores the view .. this is a feature now, but when a less tricky mechanism will be implemented will become a bug Tongue

another entry for my wishlist:
writeing the above code I noticed that the elcode buttons are lacking of a "
  • " shortcut .. it will be very usefull Smile

PS:
    Writeing the wish above I noticed that the [ *] is interpreted as an item also otside the LIST tag .. so .. or the LIST tag is optional, or the [ *] should not be interpreted outside of it ... it's another bug ? TongueP
  •     icon4.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 22:44:03 2005 

the new link "show only new entries" is very useful but seems to still have some problems:

• I can't find any simple way to return to the "every entries" display .. may be the link has to be switched to a checkbox to be actived or not
    • I found a way (at least)... following the "config" link, doing nothing and coming back restores the view .. this is a feature now, but when a less tricky mechanism will be implemented will become a bug Tongue

I added a "Show all entries" link to go back.

another entry for my wishlist:
    writeing the above code I noticed that the elcode buttons are lacking of a "[ *]" shortcut .. it will be very usefull Smile

I added that to elcode.js . So if you click on the list button, the (LIST) tag and the the first (*) are inserted.

Writeing the wish above I noticed that the [ *] is interpreted as an item also otside the LIST tag .. so .. or the LIST tag is optional, or the [ *] should not be interpreted outside of it ... it's another bug ? TongueP

Well, the ELCode stuff if a poor man's version of HTML. So each [ LIST] gets converted into a <UL> tag, and each [ *] gets converted into a <LI> tag. This makes the interpretation very simple, but the code does have no clue if your are inside a [ LIST] or not. Common bulletin boards have exactly the same problem. To fix it, you would really have to interprete all the ELCode, and I don't want to write my own parser.
           icon4.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 27 15:09:12 2005 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I think you only committed the changes to elcode.js but not the ones relative to elogd.c ... the Attribute quick filter is now empty, and no "show all entries" is ever displayed
              icon4.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jul 4 12:16:13 2005 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I think you only committed the changes to elcode.js but not the ones relative to elogd.c ... the Attribute quick filter is now empty, and no "show all entries" is ever displayed

Just tested the rev 1.686 .. now the link is displayed, but following the "Show only last" link the "attach=1" setting in the URL I use is removed, not being able to have inline attachment in full view. They are displayed again when turning back to "Show all entries"
                 icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jul 4 22:44:03 2005 

Just tested the rev 1.686 .. now the link is displayed, but following the "Show only last" link the "attach=1" setting in the URL I use is removed, not being able to have inline attachment in full view. They are displayed again when turning back to "Show all entries"

I tried to fix this in the current CVS. Can you give it a try?
                    icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Jul 5 11:32:34 2005 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I tried to fix this in the current CVS. Can you give it a try?

the following patch has to be applied over the one of you to complete it Smile
    diff -u -r1.691 elogd.c
    --- src/elogd.c 4 Jul 2005 21:12:58 -0000       1.691
    +++ src/elogd.c 5 Jul 2005 09:29:57 -0000
    @@ -16728,7 +16728,7 @@

/*---- apply last login cut ----*/

-   if (isparam("new_entries") && isparam("unm"))
    +   if (isparam("new_entries") && atoi(getparam("new_entries")) == 1 && isparam("unm"))
           get_user_line(lbs, getparam("unm"), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, &ltime_start);

/*---- assemble message list ----*/
                       icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Jul 5 11:51:14 2005 

the following patch has to be applied over the one of you to complete it Smile

Ok, done.
    icon4.gif   [BUG] quick filter, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jun 23 11:03:18 2005 elog-calendar-test_1.jpg
    it seems that the select box of quick filters are showing also the "{n}" appended to the Attributes in order to obtain conditional Attributes ...

see the snapshot attached
        icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] quick filter, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 22:23:50 2005 

it seems that the select box of quick filters are showing also the "{n}" appended to the Attributes in order to obtain conditional Attributes ...

Fixed in current CVS.

BTW, I would display the date selection calender in a new floating window, not to take away all the precious screen space at the top. Then I would use the same calendar as for the date attributes, not to confuse users with two different styles.
           icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] quick filter, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 27 15:16:37 2005 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Fixed in current CVS.

BTW, I would display the date selection calender in a new floating window, not to take away all the precious screen space at the top. Then I would use the same calendar as for the date attributes, not to confuse users with two different styles.

Are you sure you really committed it ? Smile
    Reguarding the calendar... the picture is just one of my tests .. I started using a popup window, but it makes complicated to do all the job I want.. so my current idea is to implemnet it a a dropdown layer, it will save both the precious space and the functionality..
    I don't use the existing style becouse of, in the first popup try, it was to simple .. now I can't use it directly becouse I don't need any popup anymore.. but ok, we can keep the same style of course Smile
              icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] quick filter, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 27 15:19:05 2005 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Fixed in current CVS.

uhm... now the drop down menu is composed of only blancs ..

Reguarding the calendar... the picture is just one of my tests .. I started using a popup window, but it makes complicated to do all the job I want.. so my current idea is to implemnet it a a dropdown layer, it will save both the precious space and the functionality..
    I don't use the existing style becouse of, in the first popup try, it was to simple .. now I can't use it directly becouse I don't need any popup anymore.. but ok, we can keep the same style of course Smile
                 icon14.gif   Re: [BUG] quick filter, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 27 15:37:25 2005 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Fixed in current CVS.

uhm... now the drop down menu is composed of only blancs ..

the following patch should solve the problem Wink
    --- src/elogd.c 24 Jun 2005 20:22:33 -0000      1.685
    +++ src/elogd.c 27 Jun 2005 13:34:05 -0000
    @@ -15853,7 +15853,7 @@
                          if (comment[0] == 0)
                             strcpy(comment, attr_options[i][j]);

-                     for (i1=i2=0 ; i1<=(int)comment ; i1++) {
    +                     for (i1=i2=0 ; i1<=(int)strlen(comment) ; i1++) {
                             if (comment[i1] == '(') {
                                option[i2++] = '\\';
                                option[i2++] = '(';

icon5.gif   Cloning, posted by Gerfried Kumbartzki on Fri Jun 17 20:30:53 2005 
    Elog is installed on a laptop (Redhat Linux 2.4.20-8) for quite a while. I like to have a "base" of that logbook on a server and keep it
    in sync. Mirroring seem to be the perfect solution. For that I updated to elog v2.6.0 yesterday.

The server is an Alpha running Linux Redhat 7.1. I compiled from elog-latest.tar and installed elog in the 'same' locations as on the laptop.
    Created a user elog and a group elog, put elogd.cfg, themes, logbooks ... in /usr/local/elog, owned by elog. Started the elogd, tested,
    all seems to work. The elogd.cfg has a read and write passwd set. Any user can access the logbook, read and write after providing the proper user id and password.
    Next I wanted to clone the logbooks from the laptop to the server. As superuser I can start elogd -v -C http://latop:8080, but get stuck right away with "Cannot contact elogd at http://laptop:8080/"
    As user it works as follows:

Remote configuration successfully received.

Option "Mirror server = http://wotan.rutgers.edu:8080" added to config file.
    Logbook directory "logbooks" successfully created.
    Created directory "demo"
    Indexing logbook "demo" ... Found empty logbook "demo"
    Created directory "tfexp"
    Indexing logbook "tfexp" ... Found empty logbook "tfexp"

Retrieve remote logbook entries? [y]/n:

Retrieving entries from "http://wotan.rutgers.edu:8080/demo"...
    ID1: Remote entry received

Retrieving entries from "http://wotan.rutgers.edu:8080/tfexp"...
    Error accessing remote logbook

Cloning finished. Check elogd.cfg and start the server normally.

Allthough, tfexp contains a number of entries all owned by elog like the entry in demo.
    Beside missing the real stuff everything ends up in the users home directory. I would like it in the general area (/usr/local/elog for instance).

The other option is to use synchronize after changing [global] from with in the browser. Start elogd, open the logbook and click on config,
    enter a Mirror server = http://laptop:8080/
    Clicking synchronize give "Error accessing remote logbook"

Again, the logbooks are on both machines in /usr/local/elog/logbooks (owner:group elog:elog). The tfexp in this case is passwd protected.
    Any user can access the elogs in both machines, locally or remote. But, I'm unable to synchronize the two.
    Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction.

Thank's Gerfried
        icon2.gif   Re: Cloning, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 17 22:08:28 2005 

Gerfried Kumbartzki wrote:
    The elogd.cfg has a read and write passwd set. Any user can access the logbook, read and write after providing the proper user id and password.

This might be your problem. Try to temporarily remove the read and write password from you config file, then do the cloning, then put it back. Cloning works with a passowd file, but I haven't tested it with read/write passwords.

Beside missing the real stuff everything ends up in the users home directory. I would like it in the general area (/usr/local/elog for instance).

The cloning works in the current directory. So just go to /usr/local/elog and start "elogd -C ..." from there. Alternatively, copy your whole /usr/local/elog tree to the server manually. The "Synchronize" button then works again only with a password file. You need a "Mirror user = xxx" option in that case.
           icon2.gif   Re: Cloning, posted by Gerfried Kumbartzki on Wed Jun 22 18:34:18 2005 
    Thank you for the suggestions; I commented the read and write passwd in elogd.cfg out and only then I was able to clone
    (elogd -v -C http://laptop:8080) the logbook to the new server.
    But this is only part of the story. The logbook on the labtop is owned by the
    default user elog and default group elog, that is needed to start up the elogd. Only a user "elog" can do the cloning, unless temporarily the owner ship in /usr/local/elog is changed. I made it work by temporarily changing the owner ship on both machines, did the cloning, changed back to owner elog, started elogd and all was running.
    I setup synchronizing and here too it works only if the read passwd in elogd.cfg is commented out.
    Sync works fine from the RedHat linux laptop (rpm installed), but crashes the elogd on the alpha Linux machine (compiled from src) most of the time. elogd hast to be restarted and the sync had not finished.
    So for now I settled to do the synchronize only from the laptop but have to remove the read passwd each time. That is tolerable but not
    convenient.

Here I have another question: My Elog is passwd protected, encrypted passwd in elogd.cfg (read and write). When connecting to the elog the window
    pops up asking for a user name and the passwd. I donot remember exactly, what was done to set name and passwd. But I find it "strange" that the user name can be anything as long as the passwd is right to access the ELog.
    I think I have to learn more about the whole user and passwd protection schema.

Thanks again
    Gerfried
              icon2.gif   Re: Cloning, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 21:24:55 2005 

But this is only part of the story. The logbook on the labtop is owned by the
    default user elog and default group elog, that is needed to start up the elogd. Only a user "elog" can do the cloning, unless temporarily the owner ship in /usr/local/elog is changed. I made it work by temporarily changing the owner ship on both machines, did the cloning, changed back to owner elog, started elogd and all was running.

The /usr/local/elog files should be owned by user elog on both machines, and both elogd daemons should be started under user elog. Since only the two elogd daemons communicate with each other during synchronization, that should be fine. Only after the initial cloning (which you presumably do under your own user account), you have to do a "chmod" to change ownership of all files to uid/gid "elog/elog".

I setup synchronizing and here too it works only if the read passwd in elogd.cfg is commented out.

As I said, the read password is not really supported for synchronization. It is there historically, from the times when there was no user level password access. If you use synchronization, you should use that authentication (by putting a "password file = ..." into your config.

Here I have another question: My Elog is passwd protected, encrypted passwd in elogd.cfg (read and write). When connecting to the elog the window pops up asking for a user name and the passwd. I donot remember exactly, what was done to set name and passwd. But I find it "strange" that the user name can be anything as long as the passwd is right to access the ELog. I think I have to learn more about the whole user and passwd protection schema.

If you switch to user level password access, this problem goes away as well.

- Stefan
    icon4.gif   elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Heiko Scheit on Wed May 18 14:18:07 2005 
    When pasting the URL for the registration of new users (with 'Self register = 3') elog
    crashes with segmentation fault. I don't have the time currently to give you more
    debuging information but maybe you can have a look the same. It crashes after
    the user is registered. The Email is sent, too.
        icon4.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Jun 4 12:25:57 2005 

Heiko Scheit wrote:
    When pasting the URL for the registration of new users (with 'Self register = 3') elog
    crashes with segmentation fault. I don't have the time currently to give you more

I cannot reproduce this problem either. The only difference I see is that I use thunderbird as my email client, where I don't have to copy/paste the activation URL into my browser, but just click on it. If maybe the copy/paste operation adds an additional CR/LF or so, that could be a problem. Can you check again? A stack trace of the crashed elogd would help as well.
           icon4.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Heiko Scheit on Thu Jun 9 15:20:04 2005 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Heiko Scheit wrote:

I cannot reproduce this problem either. The only difference I see is that I use thunderbird as my email client, where I don't have to copy/paste the activation URL into my browser, but just click on it. If maybe the copy/paste operation adds an additional CR/LF or so, that could be a problem. Can you check again? A stack trace of the crashed elogd would help as well.

The following appended after the base (!) URL results in a segmentation fault
    ?cmd=Activate&new_user_name=test1&new_full_name=Test1

It works fine, if a specific logbook is given. So
    http://my.ho.st/?cmd=Activate&new_user_name=test1&new_full_name=Test1

is not OK, while
    http://my.ho.st/myLogBook/?cmd=Activate&new_user_name=test1&new_full_name=Test1

is OK.
              icon2.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 17 22:33:29 2005 

Heiko Scheit wrote:
    The following appended after the base (!) URL results in a segmentation fault
    ?cmd=Activate&new_user_name=test1&new_full_name=Test1

It works fine, if a specific logbook is given. So
    http://my.ho.st/?cmd=Activate&new_user_name=test1&new_full_name=Test1

is not OK, while
    http://my.ho.st/myLogBook/?cmd=Activate&new_user_name=test1&new_full_name=Test1

is OK.

Thanks for that info. It helped me debugging things. The problem is that the "activation" URL does not contain a logbook if there is a global password file. I have never tried that so of course it crashes Crying

I tried to fix this and committed the changes to CVS. Can you try with that version?
                 icon2.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Heiko Scheit on Tue Jun 21 19:24:58 2005 

Quote:

Thanks for that info. It helped me debugging things. The problem is that the "activation" URL does not contain a logbook if there is a global password file. I have never tried that so of course it crashes Crying

I tried to fix this and committed the changes to CVS. Can you try with that version?

Not really, unless you have a fixed 2.5.9 version. Version 2.6 has
    way too many new features, which I don't want at the moment. Or is
    there a config option to get the old behavior?

I also saw that the format of the email notification has changed. As
    I have scripts (bash, akw, procmail) that depend on this format I
    would need much more time than I currently have to actually test
    everything.

Maybe you should consider supporting two branches, say 'stable' (2.5.9
    currently) and 'experimental' (2.6 currently)? For 'stable' only
    severe bugs and security issues are fixed and in 'experimental' new
    features are introduced. What do you say?

For me the risk of upgrading to 2.6 now seems to high, as many people
    depend on the logbook.
                    icon2.gif   email flagged as spam, posted by Heiko Scheit on Tue Jun 21 19:38:06 2005 

Heiko Scheit wrote:

I also saw that the format of the email notification has changed. As
    I have scripts (bash, akw, procmail) that depend on this format I
    would need much more time than I currently have to actually test
    everything.

By the way, the emails I get from the forum are now all flagged as
    spam. SpamAssassin is used and Spam-score header is

X-Spam-Score: 4.875 (****) ADDRESS_IN_SUBJECT, BAYES_00,HTML_40_50,
    HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24, HTML_MESSAGE, MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY,
    MIME_HTML_ONLY, MSGID_FROM_MTA_HEADER, MSGID_FROM_MTA_ID,
    NO_REAL_NAME, SPF_FAIL, SPF_HELO_PASS, TO_MALFORMED

Maybe you can see what the problem is.
                       icon2.gif   email flagged as spam, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 21:15:14 2005 

Heiko Scheit wrote:

X-Spam-Score: 4.875 (****) ADDRESS_IN_SUBJECT, BAYES_00,HTML_40_50,
    HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24, HTML_MESSAGE, MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY,
    MIME_HTML_ONLY, MSGID_FROM_MTA_HEADER, MSGID_FROM_MTA_ID,
    NO_REAL_NAME, SPF_FAIL, SPF_HELO_PASS, TO_MALFORMED

Maybe you can see what the problem is.

Apparently the problem is in the HMTL contents of the email message. I use SpamAssassin 3.0.2 and do not get more than three points, that's why I haven't seen that problem before. It looks to me like reverting back to plain text will remove most of the hits, although not all. What happens if you write an HTML email to yourself, is this then flagged as spam, too? The TO_MALFORMED I have no chance, since I send each notification just once, it contains now ~300 email destination addresses. Since I don't want that everyone sees these addresses, I put a dummy "To:" there ("Omit Email to = 1"), but this is then of course a fake "To:" and triggers the spam filter.
                    icon2.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 21:02:05 2005 

Heiko Scheit wrote:
    Not really, unless you have a fixed 2.5.9 version. Version 2.6 has
    way too many new features, which I don't want at the moment. Or is
    there a config option to get the old behavior?

Maybe you should consider supporting two branches, say 'stable' (2.5.9
    currently) and 'experimental' (2.6 currently)? For 'stable' only
    severe bugs and security issues are fixed and in 'experimental' new
    features are introduced. What do you say?

I think elog is such a small project that supporting several branches makes no sense. You can do this if you have several developers, one taking care of each branch. But as you know I'm alone. But what I can do is the following:

• Have a default switch for the Encoding. So if "default encoding = plain", the "plain" radio button is on by default, so people tend to write plain text rather than ELCoded text.
    • Have either a switch for the email notification, to revert back to the old text format, or have a multipart email message. I saw that outlook sometime does that. One email can contain a "plain" part and an "HTML" part. So you can select in your email reader which one to display. At least thunderbird supports that. But I don't know what your bash scripts say to that, please let me know.

Heiko Scheit wrote:
    For me the risk of upgrading to 2.6 now seems to high, as many people
    depend on the logbook.

Well, that's why it's called "beta". I first want to make sure that the transition to the new version goes smooth, and nobody's installation gets problems. So the old logbooks should be still readable without any modification, and once I implemented the "dual plain/html" email notification, you should be fine to upgrade. Is that correct?

- Stefan
    icon6.gif   prevent CVS and XML exports , posted by Paul Paquette on Mon Jun 20 04:29:57 2005 
    Hello Again,

I'm being asked to do the impossible to list the Assessing Dept Data but not letting people download the whole database. This way they can lookup the info the Town uses to assess their property. The Town’s Selectmen have stopped paying for the company who hosted the database and the software they used. Now I'm asked to do the same service in house with out funds and without resorces. Hence the question.

Thanks

Paul
        icon6.gif   Re: prevent CVS and XML exports , posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 20:45:41 2005 

Paul Paquette wrote:
    I'm being asked to do the impossible to list the Assessing Dept Data but not letting people download the whole database. This way they can lookup the info the Town uses to assess their property. The Town’s Selectmen have stopped paying for the company who hosted the database and the software they used. Now I'm asked to do the same service in house with out funds and without resorces. Hence the question.
    Paul

See elog:1202
    icon1.gif   Menu text ignored??, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Jun 7 15:48:53 2005 
    I tried to insert a row in the menu but it seems to totally ignore the command ...
    both inserting a filename and simply typeing "Menu text = <b>PIPPO</b>" brings to a page with *no* "PIPPO" in the HTML source ...

is this a bug or another my misconfiguration???
        icon1.gif   Re: Menu text ignored??, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Wed Jun 8 16:48:59 2005 

I tried to insert a row in the menu but it seems to totally ignore the command ...
    both inserting a filename and simply typeing "Menu text = <b>PIPPO</b>" brings to a page with *no* "PIPPO" in the HTML source ...

is this a bug or another my misconfiguration???

uhm... I saw that this parameter makes the file to be included in the "entry" view...
    Is there a global or "List Menu text" option? ... my goal is to add a JS calendar just at the left of the current "Show Last" button ... more generally I would like to be able to add custom icons, bottons or links to the menu..

uh oh ... just maked some tests before posting ... "Find Menu text" does my job !!!?!?!!!! why "Find" in the name? it is displayed in the list view, not Find ... Am I completely out?

BTW:
    there is a typo ("lanugae") at http://midas.psi.ch/elog/config.html Smile
           icon1.gif   Re: Menu text ignored??, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 17 22:37:59 2005 

uh oh ... just maked some tests before posting ... "Find Menu text" does my job !!!?!?!!!! why "Find" in the name? it is displayed in the list view, not Find ... Am I completely out?

Well, the normal list view was not there from the beginning. Originally you always saw the last entry, and had to click on "Find", do a search and then see the listing. Only later this became the default view. So "Find Menu text" was there from the beginning, and some people used it. If I change it now to "List Menu text", guess how many people would complain that their config file doen not work anymore.

Well, maybe I should allow both options "Find menu text" and "List menu text", change it in the documentation, and in a year from now remove the "Find menu text".
              icon1.gif   Re: Menu text ignored??, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 20 09:59:10 2005 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Well, maybe I should allow both options "Find menu text" and "List menu text", change it in the documentation, and in a year from now remove the "Find menu text".

It's a great way to solve the misunderstanding IMHO, tnx Wink
    icon5.gif   prevent CVS and XML exports, posted by Paul Paquette on Sat Jun 18 23:14:51 2005 
    Hello All and Happy Father's Day,

How do I prevent Anonymous Users from exporting the Data when using the search funtion?

Thank You

Paul
        icon2.gif   Re: prevent CVS and XML exports, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sun Jun 19 20:50:16 2005 

Paul Paquette wrote:

How do I prevent Anonymous Users from exporting the Data when using the search funtion?

Thank You

Paul

By not allowing anonymous access at all. The CVS and XML exports do not contain more information than anonymous users can see on the web page, so there is no reason to prevent it. Anybody could view all pages anonymously (if guest access is allowed) and reconstruct the CVS data easily.
           icon2.gif   Re: prevent CVS and XML exports, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 20 09:56:28 2005 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Paul Paquette wrote:

Thank You

Paul

By not allowing anonymous access at all. The CVS and XML exports do not contain more information than anonymous users can see on the web page, so there is no reason to prevent it. Anybody could view all pages anonymously (if guest access is allowed) and reconstruct the CVS data easily.

You are obviously talking about CSV (Comma Separated Values), and not CVS (Cuncurrent Verioning System).. Smile
    ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6