Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 195 of 236  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon5.gif   Unable to send mails through elog, posted by Kumar on Wed Jun 8 10:45:18 2005 
Hi All

I need to send mail through Elog. With Version 2.5.7 it seems to work only when less content is in the elog entry. But when I fill in a lot of content
    icon5.gif   Re: Unable to send mails through elog, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 17 22:54:39 2005 
[quote="Kumar"]Hi All

I need to send mail through Elog. With Version 2.5.7 it seems to work only when less content is in the elog entry. But when I fill in a lot of content
icon4.gif   reverse sort option does not work for quick filter, posted by Heiko Scheit on Wed May 18 14:12:02 2005 
The 'reverse sort' option does not work for quick filter searches.  In the
URL there is always written 'reverse=0'.  For normal 'Find' it works OK.
    icon2.gif   Re: reverse sort option does not work for quick filter, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Jun 4 12:21:21 2005 
[quote="Heiko Scheit"]The 'reverse sort' option does not work for quick filter searches.  In the
URL there is always written 'reverse=0'.  For normal 'Find' it works OK.[/quote]
       icon2.gif   Re: reverse sort option does not work for quick filter, posted by Heiko Scheit on Sat Jun 4 16:37:04 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Heiko Scheit"]The 'reverse sort' option does not work for quick filter searches. 
In the
URL there is always written 'reverse=0'.  For normal 'Find' it works OK.[/quote]
          icon2.gif   Re: reverse sort option does not work for quick filter, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jun 16 22:37:06 2005 
I finally found some time to fix this problem. The fix is under CVS.
icon5.gif   Moving eLog from Server to Server..., posted by Charles Duncan on Sat Jun 11 02:29:01 2005 
I am moving my eLog system from one server to another.

I moved all my log books, my /etc/elog.conf, and /usr/share/elog/elog.pwd file. Did I miss anything?
    icon2.gif   Re: Moving eLog from Server to Server..., posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jun 13 17:45:47 2005 
[quote="Charles Duncan"]I am moving my eLog system from one server to another.
I moved all my log books, my /etc/elog.conf, and /usr/share/elog/elog.pwd file. Did I miss anything?
The Logbooks come up fine on the eLog list, but when I try to access them I get invalid user name...
       icon2.gif   Re: Moving eLog from Server to Server..., posted by Charles Duncan on Mon Jun 13 18:45:45 2005 
[QUOTE][quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Charles Duncan"]I am moving my eLog system from one server to another.
The Logbooks come up fine on the eLog list, but when I try to access them I get invalid user name...
          icon2.gif   Re: Moving eLog from Server to Server..., posted by Charles Duncan on Wed Jun 15 00:20:56 2005 
[quote="Charles Duncan"][QUOTE][quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Charles Duncan"]I am moving my eLog system from one server to another.
             icon2.gif   Re: Moving eLog from Server to Server..., posted by Charles Duncan on Wed Jun 15 18:59:23 2005 
[quote="Charles Duncan"][quote="Charles Duncan"][QUOTE][quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Charles Duncan"]I am moving my eLog system from one server to another.
icon1.gif   Find seems to ignore Start Date, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Jun 7 16:52:27 2005 
It seems that making a search in which one selects *only* a start date *and* a "last" number of days 
does not works correctly ..
Elog infact simply ignores the start date, showing the last N-days entries ..
    icon1.gif   Re: Find seems to ignore Start Date, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Jun 7 17:59:54 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]It seems that making a search in which one selects *only* a start date *and* a "last" number of days 
does not works correctly ..
Elog infact simply ignores the start date, showing the last N-days entries ..
icon4.gif   elog & firefox pipelining, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 6 12:28:21 2005 
Having the Firefox pipelining feature enabled makes elog unable to correctly show avery attachment in the full view when a quite large number of them is
present..
disabling pipelining makes all works fine again
    icon4.gif   Re: elog & firefox pipelining, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jun 6 15:17:50 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]Having the Firefox pipelining feature enabled makes elog unable to correctly show avery attachment in the full view when a quite
large number of them is present..
disabling pipelining makes all works fine again[/quote]
       icon12.gif   Re: elog & firefox pipelining, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Jun 7 13:12:25 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]Having the Firefox pipelining feature enabled makes elog unable to correctly show avery attachment in the
full view when a quite large number of them is present..
disabling pipelining makes all works fine again[/quote]
icon4.gif   shell exec not working, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 6 12:25:53 2005 
It seems that, since Fri 2005-06-03, 12:50 almost, the shell exec feature is not invoked anymore.
the -x flag is present in the command line and the elog.cfg Parameters are present both for edit and for insert..
I'm not disabling shell exec by the checkbox
    icon4.gif   Re: shell exec not working, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 6 12:43:48 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]It seems that, since Fri 2005-06-03, 12:50 almost, the shell exec feature is not invoked anymore.
the -x flag is present in the command line and the elog.cfg Parameters are present both for edit and for insert..
I'm not disabling shell exec by the checkbox
icon4.gif   password encryption, posted by Alex H on Fri May 20 14:40:12 2005 password.gif
Hi Stefan,

I have found a little problem with elog. I'am using ELOG V2.5.8-6. When I'am on the logon page,
    icon4.gif   Re: password encryption, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri May 27 14:48:05 2005 
[quote="Alex H"]Hi Stefan,

I have found a little problem with elog. I'am using ELOG V2.5.8-6. When I'am on the logon page,
       icon12.gif   Re: password encryption, posted by Alex H on Mon May 30 10:01:14 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Alex H"]Hi Stefan,

icon2.gif   Re: password encryption, posted by Gary Clayson on Mon May 30 19:18:34 2005 
Hello Alex and Stefan,

I know of only one way to "hide" the text of the status bar in a web browser;
       icon2.gif   Re: password encryption, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon May 30 19:56:01 2005 
[quote="Gary Clayson"]Hello Alex and Stefan,

I know of only one way to "hide" the text of the status bar in a web browser;
          icon2.gif   Re: password encryption, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon May 30 20:16:11 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]
I don't have double checked .. but .. why we need to pass the sensible information in the Query String ??
Are you sure that putting it in an hidden field (and eventualli using a GET methon in the <form>-tag) can't be a solution?[/quote]
             icon14.gif   Re: password encryption, posted by Alex H on Tue May 31 09:07:37 2005 
Thanks Stefan 8)
    icon2.gif   Re: password encryption, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Jun 4 14:00:17 2005 
[quote="Alex H"]I have found a little problem with elog. I'am using ELOG V2.5.8-6. When I'am on the logon page,
I type my Login and password and hit "submit", in the bottom of IE, we can show my password without encryption, it can be dangerous. I have made a screenshot
to explain my problem better.
icon4.gif   Logbook locking issue, posted by Steve Jones on Tue May 17 21:38:36 2005 
[I][B]Stefan, any ideas on this problem?[/B][/I]

[QUOTE]Our eLog is set to create logbook entry locks and after 30minutes prevent one from re-editing an entry, thus forcing a REPLY to be created.
    icon4.gif   Re: Logbook locking issue, posted by Steve Jones on Wed Jun 1 16:14:22 2005 
[quote="Steve Jones"][I][B]Stefan, any ideas on this problem?[/B][/I]

[QUOTE]Our eLog is set to create logbook entry locks and after 30minutes prevent one from re-editing an entry, thus forcing a REPLY to be created.
    icon4.gif   Re: Logbook locking issue, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jun 1 16:33:54 2005 
Sorry about my unusual slow response, but I'm pretty busy these days. I hope I will be able to address this problem in a two weeks from now.

[quote="Steve Jones"][I][B]Stefan, any ideas on this problem?[/B][/I]
       icon6.gif   Re: Logbook locking issue, posted by Steve Jones on Wed Jun 1 21:00:01 2005 
[quote="Steve Jones"]Stefan, not a problem.  ITMT, any idea how I can manually clear this "lock"?  Is it embedded in the logbook itself?

[quote="Stefan Ritt"]Sorry about my unusual slow response, but I'm pretty busy these days. I hope I will be able to address this problem in a two weeks
          icon2.gif   Re: Logbook locking issue, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Jun 4 13:06:08 2005 
[quote="Steve Jones"]Stefan, not a problem.  ITMT, any idea how I can manually clear this "lock"?  Is it embedded in the logbook itself?[/quote]

I would recommend to remove the [b]Restrict edit time = 0.5[/b] temporarily from your config file, then edit this entry, the clicking [b]Back[/b] instead
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6