Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 201 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68128   Sat Sep 26 03:34:44 2015 Reply Stefanostefano.colafranceschi@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.0Re: Elog command not working properly
Yes it was a path issue PHP was not loading correctly environmental path

> > <p>Hi,</p>
> > 
> > <p>I have a problem running elog command from php script. Basically in the php I call system(&quot;elog -h etc etc.. And from the php command line works but not in the browser apparently without errors (php apache 
> logfile no problem), any suggestions?</p>
> 
> Hey,
> this sounds more like a PHP issue.
> Which PHP version are you using? 
> Which webserver? 
> Which php function are you using: shell_exec() or exec()? Try looking at the return of exec()
> Is the elog file set to the correct file permissions to be executed by the webserver?
> Is the elog file in the PHP path or do you take care of defining the correct path?
> 
> 
> eddy
  68127   Fri Sep 25 22:37:08 2015 Reply Edmund Hertleedmund.hertle@kit.eduQuestionLinux3.1.0Re: Elog command not working properly
> <p>Hi,</p>
> 
> <p>I have a problem running elog command from php script. Basically in the php I call system(&quot;elog -h etc etc.. And from the php command line works but not in the browser apparently without errors (php apache 
logfile no problem), any suggestions?</p>

Hey,
this sounds more like a PHP issue.
Which PHP version are you using? 
Which webserver? 
Which php function are you using: shell_exec() or exec()? Try looking at the return of exec()
Is the elog file set to the correct file permissions to be executed by the webserver?
Is the elog file in the PHP path or do you take care of defining the correct path?

eddy
  68126   Fri Sep 25 22:24:18 2015 Reply Edmund Hertleedmund.hertle@kit.eduQuestionWindowsCurrentRe: Submit to multiple logbooks simultaniously

Hey,

You can use the elog command line tool and submit the same attributes to the 5 different logbooks by iterating over the logbook names executing something like this:

elog -l logbook1 -a "attr1=value1" -a "attr2=value2"

elog -l logbook2 -a "attr1=value1" -a "attr2=value2"

elog -l logbook3 -a "attr1=value1" -a "attr2=value2"

elog -l logbook4 -a "attr1=value1" -a "attr2=value2"

elog -l logbook5 -a "attr1=value1" -a "attr2=value2"

Another option would be having an additional common logbook, removing the commonly shared attributes from the other logbooks and add an attribute which links to this entry (using the "elog:logbook/ID" syntax as a value).

Cheers, eddy

Francois Cloutier wrote:

Good day,

My question is : Is it possible to submit to multiple logbooks simultaniously ?

I have 5 logbooks that could share common attributes, is there a way to acheive that without recreate a new entry in each of them ?

Thanks for your help.

68125   Fri Sep 25 19:10:45 2015 Question Francois CloutierFrancois@fcmail.caQuestionWindowsCurrentSubmit to multiple logbooks simultaniously

Good day,

My question is : Is it possible to submit to multiple logbooks simultaniously ?

I have 5 logbooks that could share common attributes, is there a way to acheive that without recreate a new entry in each of them ?

Thanks for your help.

68124   Thu Sep 24 00:14:49 2015 Warning Stefano colafranceschiStefano.Colafranceschi@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.0Elog command not working properly
<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I have a problem running elog command from php script. Basically in the php I call system(&quot;elog -h etc etc.. And from the php command line works but not in the browser apparently without errors (php apache logfile no problem), any suggestions?</p>
  Draft   Thu Sep 24 00:13:31 2015 Warning Stefano colafranceschiStefano.Colafranceschi@gmail.com Linux3.1.0Elog command not working properly
  Draft   Wed Sep 23 23:57:43 2015 Warning Stefanostefano.colafranceschi@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.0elog from php

Hi,

I need to run elog command in an online php script. The problem I see is that the script works from the command line but not from the browser. In the script I just use:

system(elog -h mypc -p 8080 -l bla -a Author=\'io\' -a Type=\' ..etc.etc

any suggestions?

68121   Tue Sep 22 15:04:55 2015 Idea Edmund Hertleedmund.hertle@kit.eduRequestAll3.1.1Suggestion for tooltips and/or comments

Hey,

if you define a Tooltip at the moment it is only displayed on the attribute. I would like it very much if it would also be displayed on the values (on the right column in the detailed view and on the whole column in the list view), since we are using the tooltips to define the units of the attribute and it would be nice to pop up when you hover a value.

As for the comment it would be nice to have a flag to also show the comment on the detailed view while looking at an entry. At the moment it is only showed when creating a new entry. Again we use this field to define the units.

This is an example of how we use these options:

attributes = Fill Number, Beam Current, Beam Energy, Beam Lifetime, RF Voltage S2, RF Voltage S4, RF Frequency, Synchrotron Frequency

Comment Beam Current = in mA
Comment Beam Energy = in GeV
Comment Beam Lifetime = in hh:mm
Comment RF Voltage S2 = in kV
Comment RF Voltage S4 = in kV
Comment RF Frequency = in MHz
Comment Synchrotron Frequency = in kHz

Tooltip Beam Current = in mA
Tooltip Beam Energy = in GeV
Tooltip Beam Lifetime = in hh:mm
Tooltip RF Voltage S2 = in kV
Tooltip RF Voltage S4 = in kV