Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 214 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon5.gif   Virus in latest elog?, posted by Daniel Sajdyk on Fri Jul 14 13:11:48 2017 elog.png
Hello.

Today I wanted to download latest elog version, and got information from Eset Endpoint Antyvirus, that downloaded file has trojan horse "Generic.GQWFFXB".

It this false positive alarm?
icon5.gif   Weird behaviour of category filter, posted by Daniel Sajdyk on Fri Jul 14 13:18:30 2017 Category-Software_and_Subcategory-Antywirus.pngSubcategory-Antivirus.png
Hello.

Today I noticed that when I use category filter in the top, right of Elog I got different results, that depends on that if I select Category
and Subcategory or just Subcategory option.
    icon2.gif   Re: Virus in latest elog?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jul 14 16:58:48 2017 
Hi Daniel,

you're the first one reporting about this virus. We have different virus checkers here at our lab and none of them triggered. So I guess
it is a false alarm.
    icon2.gif   Re: Weird behaviour of category filter, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Wed Jul 19 08:58:51 2017 
Hi Daniel,

I agree: it should. And it does in my case; it works perfectly fine for my logbooks. Maybe you should have a closer look for special characters
in you configuration? Otherwise I don't know why it does not work for you.
icon5.gif   Password Protect Delete, posted by Michael Cianci on Thu Jul 20 18:38:20 2017 
We don't use a password file but would like to password protect (Admin only) the DELETE function in the MENU     Thank You
    icon2.gif   Re: Password Protect Delete, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Fri Jul 21 08:54:03 2017 
You can allow guests to create entries, but only registered users (Admins) to delete (or edit) entries:

Menu commands = List, New, Edit, Reply, Delete, Find, Config, Logout,
Help
icon5.gif   Conditional attribute activation, posted by Devrim Esenturk on Fri Jul 21 15:24:33 2017 
I have a stock database running latest elog version on windows. I am reserving some products which not been sent to customer mistakenly and using value
"reserved" for it. But I need another attribute for comment reason of reserving but this attribute must be activated when reserved value selected.
Is this possible? I didn't see any option for this at admin guide.
    icon2.gif   Re: Conditional attribute activation, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Mon Jul 24 14:33:51 2017 
Yes, this is possible by using "Conditional Attributes". Have a look at the ELOG syntax help: https://midas.psi.ch/elog/config.html#conditional

To hide attributes on edit, you can use "Show Attributes Edit =  ..." for the conditions; and you
only list the comment reason for the case where the value of the other attribute has the value "reserved".
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886