Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 715 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectup
  656   Fri Aug 6 22:35:10 2004 Warning Steve Jonessteve.jones@freescale.comBug reportAll2.5.4THREAD DISPLAY = sucks up coded spaces
I was trying to do some hard coded spaces using:

Thread display = For: $Date for Shutdown.   $DataCenter:
$short summary. Coordinator: $Shutdown Coordinator.

The spacing actually works mthe first time, but upon going back into editing
the config file, the coded spaces are gone, replaced with real spaces, and
when saved all real multiple spaces are, as one would expect, ignored.  The
spacing reverts back to normal.

I tried other html tags but these show up as literals.

Thanks
  1802   Mon Apr 10 05:34:40 2006 Question Steve Jonessteve.jones@freescale.comRequestAll2.6.1-1684TIMEZONE modifier?
We host eLog for a number of global sites. Our logbooks use datetime attributes but the timezones are wrong attributes that are either preset (like when a logentry is created) or if we fill in an attribute from an action (like when a logentry is closed). Any possibility of adding a timezone designator to FORMAT or does one already exist?

Thanks!
  1809   Fri Apr 14 17:01:40 2006 Question Mike Jacksonjacksonmf@hotmail.comQuestionWindows2.6.1Text Field color in Summary display
Is it possible to have the text field be the same color as the other attributes in the summary display? What I mean is how each line is a different color, but the text field is always white. I would like the text field to match the rest. I changed the .summary in the css file but it changes all the text fields, it doesn't allow them to alternate colors like the other fields on the summary display
  66222   Wed Feb 25 22:01:32 2009 Cool Robert Risherrobert@gmail.comRequestWindowsV2.7.5-217Text Limit for Subject line

Is there any way I can limit the ammount of characters in the Subject line?

Thank you,

2012   Fri Oct 20 13:26:10 2006 Question Alexandre Lindotealex@lipc.fis.uc.ptQuestionLinux2.6.2-1699Text column in the main list
Hi,

is there a way of removing the "Text" column from the main listing of a logbook?
I have a logbook that works as a document database, and I don't even allow the entering of text... But the column insists on appearing! Smile

Thanks

Alex
  69458   Fri Jan 28 17:49:35 2022 Question Mariia Fedkevychmariia.fedkevych@ge.infn.itQuestionLinux3.1.4-395e101 Text formatting panel inside entries

Hello!

How can I make appear the text formatting panel (above the main text body field) inside entries?
In my logbook I do not have it (also in minimized form) and I do not find a way to enable it via elogd.cfg.

Thank you!
- Mariia

1433   Sun Oct 9 20:18:23 2005 Entry Exaos LeeExaos.Lee@gmail.comOtherAll2.6.0beta5The Chinese Language,Demo Configuration and Help Files
Hi, Stefan,
The days from Oct.1~7 are our Nation Day's vacation, so I delayed the translation to Chinese. I just finished these files today:

1. eloglang.zh_CN-GB2312 : This is for simplified Chinese using GB2312 encoding.
  2. eloglang.zh_CN-UTF-8 : This is for simplified Chinese using UTF-8 encoding.
  3. eloghelp.zh-CN.html : Help file for elog in simplified Chinese.
  4. elcode_zh-CN.html : The help file for ELCode in simplified Chinese.
  5. elogd-zh_CN-GB2312.cfg : Demo configuration file for simplified Chinese with GB2312 encoding.
  6. elogd-zh_CN-UTF-8.cfg : Demo configuration file for simplified Chinese with UTF-8 encoding.

I have to provide the language files in different encodings because the elogd cannot creat new logbook file named in Chinese with GB2312 encoding under MacOS X. The default charset under MacOS X is UTF-16, and elogd works with UTF-8 while processing Chinese contents and logbooks named in Chinese.

I want to make elogd display the date in Chinese format. Please tell me howto.
Thanks.
Attachment 1: chinese_trans.tar.gz
  232   Mon Feb 24 09:23:39 2003 Question Tomas Rudolftomas@mba.beBug report  Themes BUG ?
Hi,
We prepared a customized theme to use with ELOG. It's called for example 
my_theme and is situated in the THEMES directory (together with the DEFAULT 
theme).

I defined the my_theme the global theme for ELOG:

[global]
Theme = my_theme

And it works fine for all the logbook in ELOG. However. The login screen 
and the main menu screen (the one with list of logbooks and # of entries) 
still takes the DEFAULT theme. 

If I change the my_theme name to default then everything works correctly 
(logon + main menu + all logbooks have the desired look).

Is the DEFAULT theme somehow hardcoded for the login screen and the main 
menu ?

Thanx for your answer

Tomas Rudolf
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886