Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 716 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Categorydown OS ELOG Version Subject
  68037   Thu Jun 25 16:39:06 2015 Entry David PilgramDavid.Pilgram@epost.org.ukBug reportLinuxV3.1.1-f613012Minor bug in the emails generated by elog.

In the emails generated by anyone making an entry in this log book, every apostrophe is followed by a semi-colon.  So the text "I don't think..."  appears in the email as "I don';t think...", and possibly that comment will appear in the email as "I don';;t think...." - not sure on the last bit.  It has been around in the past few versions of elog, but don't recall precisely when this started occurring.  It was fine back in February, with v2.9.2 (presumably) running.

68043   Tue Jul 14 19:29:17 2015 Entry Konstantin Olchanskiolchansk@triumf.caBug reportLinuxSun May 11 20:3Cannot download large attachments
Older versions of elogd have a problem with sending long attachements - the send() syscall is not protected against interrupt by SIGALARM. This seems to be fixed in non-SSL builds of current elog (version 3+), 
but for SSL builds, the error handling for the SSL_write() function looks incorrect. In addition, from OpenSSL documentation it is not clear if SSL_write() can handle signal interrupts at all.
K.O.
  68056   Wed Jul 22 22:54:59 2015 Entry Jaime Duranjduran@yorku.caBug reportLinux3.1.0-2elogd crashes with a URL

URL causes elogd to crash when a global password file name doesn't match any group's password file name. 

The offending URL is copied from the address field of the browser after sorting a logbook by on of the fileds.

After login out and using the copied URL, elogd shows the authentication dialog and then crashes after the credentials are submited.

Some debugging point me to a NULL pointer on the following instruction in line   25502  of elogd.c :

if (lbs->pwd_xml_tree) {

The work around was to name the global password file as the password file of one of the groups.

68064   Tue Aug 4 13:18:26 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux3.1.0-2Re: elogd crashes with a URL

I could not reproduce your problem. I can only fix it if I can reproduce it, so let's agree on a common test base. May I ask you to do the following:

• Download the most recent elog version from bitbucket and compile it
  • Create two new logbooks "demo1" and "demo2" with minimal configuration, but using yor global password file which differs from the group ones
  • Send me step-by-step instructions how to trigger the problem, including your elogd.cfg file and your password files (of course with fake accounts)

If I can reproduce the crash, I can fix it.

Jaime Duran wrote:

URL causes elogd to crash when a global password file name doesn't match any group's password file name. 

The offending URL is copied from the address field of the browser after sorting a logbook by on of the fileds.

After login out and using the copied URL, elogd shows the authentication dialog and then crashes after the credentials are submited.

Some debugging point me to a NULL pointer on the following instruction in line   25502  of elogd.c :

if (lbs->pwd_xml_tree) {

The work around was to name the global password file as the password file of one of the groups.

68068   Tue Aug 4 13:57:28 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinuxV3.1.1-f613012Re: Minor bug in the emails generated by elog.

Apostrophes are encoded as "'" inside the CKEditor used by elog, which sents the raw HTML text as email notification. You can test this by pressing the "Source" button at the top left menu in the CKEditor, then you see it. In my mail program (both Apple Mail and Thunderbird) this HTML enocding is correctly shown as the original apostroph, so I suspect that your mail program has an issue interpreting HTML encodings.

David Pilgram wrote:

In the emails generated by anyone making an entry in this log book, every apostrophe is followed by a semi-colon.  So the text "I don't think..."  appears in the email as "I don';t think...", and possibly that comment will appear in the email as "I don';;t think...." - not sure on the last bit.  It has been around in the past few versions of elog, but don't recall precisely when this started occurring.  It was fine back in February, with v2.9.2 (presumably) running.

Attachment 1: Screen_Shot_2015-08-04_at_14.01.09_.png
Screen_Shot_2015-08-04_at_14.01.09_.png
  68110   Wed Sep 2 20:23:21 2015 Entry Edmund Hertleedmund.hertle@kit.eduBug reportWindows3.1.1Attachment Uploaded Time is off by one hour

If I upload an attachment the timestamp of the attachment is set to one hour in the future, as demonstrated with this test attachment being one hour in the future compared to the entry time

Attachment 1: elogTest.rtf
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf1348\cocoasubrtf170
{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\paperw11900\paperh16840\margl1440\margr1440\vieww10800\viewh8400\viewkind0
\pard\tx566\tx1133\tx1700\tx2267\tx2834\tx3401\tx3968\tx4535\tx5102\tx5669\tx6236\tx6803\pardirnatural

\f0\fs24 \cf0 test}
  68113   Mon Sep 7 12:44:42 2015 Entry Edmund Hertleedmund.blomley@kit.eduBug reportAll3.1.1Creating ELog Links not working properly in HTML Editor

Hey,

the syntax for creating links to other elog entries has a small issue in the HTML editor. The link will not be created properly if there are whitespaces in the name of the logbook. Using ELCode (or in a simple attribute field) the whitespaces can be replaced by "+", but this does not work in the HTML editor. The work-around would be to use ELCode mark-up instead of HTML.

Example 1 (this should work): elog:Contributions/47

Example 2 (this will not work): elog:Config+Examples/11

Example 3 (will also not work): elog:Config%20Examples/11

Draft   Wed Sep 16 01:27:20 2015  Joseph McKennajoseph.mckenna@cern.chBug reportLinux2.9.0(elogd)elog client overwriting attached files when editing existing log

Using the elog client to upload atachments, I can successfully send attachments to an existing elog, however the existing attachments are lost.

I have tested using the elog client version 3.1.1 and elog client version 2.9.2 sending to elogd 2.9.0

elog -h localhost -p 8080 -l test -f  file1.png -f file2.png -e 249 -v -x

This works great, the text contained in the elog post is retained, however all attachments are lost and replaced with those sent by this command.

Can anyone provide some tips? I am not sure if its a problem with the client or server.

Thank you in advance!

Joseph

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886