Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 716 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versionup Subject
  1736   Wed Mar 1 10:30:51 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestWindowsV2.6.1-165Re: How to setup Change attributes in detail view/edit mode ?
I implemented a "Hide attributes = ..." option, with which you can do what you requested, but unfortunately I'm
sitting here in Siberia and have only limited internet access, so I can only submit the modification next weekend.

- Stefan
  1888   Wed Aug 9 12:25:57 2006 Smile Fergus Lynchflynch@alternativenetworks.comQuestionWindowsV2.6.2-169Retain original ELOG id when moving an entry to an archive weblog
Hi There,

We have a number of weblogs where we regular archive off 'completed' entries to a separate archive weblog:

Is it possible to retain the original ELOG id when moving an entry to an archive weblog, or have a locked field which holds the original id which we could subsequently reference in the archive?

Many Thanks
Fergus
  1889   Wed Aug 9 19:40:42 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindowsV2.6.2-169Re: Retain original ELOG id when moving an entry to an archive weblog

Fergus Lynch wrote:
We have a number of weblogs where we regular archive off 'completed' entries to a separate archive weblog:

Is it possible to retain the original ELOG id when moving an entry to an archive weblog, or have a locked field which holds the original id which we could subsequently reference in the archive?

First of all, a reference to the original ELOG entry would not help if it's moved into another logbook (archive). Keeping the id is not possible technically, since it severs as a kind of primary key, which must be unique etc. There is however the possibility to create a "secondary" ID, using the Preset xxx = ### functionality. The attribute xxx will have increasing numbers just like the primary ID. You even can combine this with the current year or month (see documentation). The problem now is how to reference such an entry. You cannot just type elog:123 as this only references the primary ID. You would have to do a "hidden" search such as

http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/?xxx=###

where ### is your secondary id. This will of course be slower because if you click on such a reference, your whole archive will be searched for.
  2025   Tue Oct 31 14:45:05 2006 Disagree deletoillexavier.deletoille@synchrotron-soleil.frBug reportWindowsV2.6.2-172checkbox
Hello,
I found a small Bug when I create an entry. I activate a checkbox (attachement1) but when I upload a file, the activation disappears (attachement 2). I have to activate again the checkbox.
Is it something I can do?

Thanks in advance,
Xavier Deletoille
Attachment 1: checkbox1.JPG
checkbox1.JPG
Attachment 2: checkbox2.JPG
checkbox2.JPG
  2028   Tue Oct 31 22:10:11 2006 Reply Steve Jonessteve.jones@freescale.comBug reportWindowsV2.6.2-172Re: checkbox

deletoille wrote:
Hello,
I found a small Bug when I create an entry. I activate a checkbox (attachement1) but when I upload a file, the activation disappears (attachement 2). I have to activate again the checkbox.

Thanks in advance,
Xavier Deletoille

Steve Jones wrote:

Xavier, your version number does not indicate the full SVN (it is cutoff at '172') but your screenshot indicates 'SVN1723'. This is an identified problem and looks to be fixed in SVN1740. I have verified with the checkbox "Suppress Email Notification" -- it likely effects all checkboxes.
  2030   Thu Nov 2 08:41:34 2006 Reply deletoillexavier.deletoille@synchrotron-soleil.frBug reportWindowsV2.6.2-172Re: checkbox

Steve Jones wrote:

deletoille wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance,
Xavier Deletoille

Steve Jones wrote:

Xavier, your version number does not indicate the full SVN (it is cutoff at '172') but your screenshot indicates 'SVN1723'. This is an identified problem and looks to be fixed in SVN1740. I have verified with the checkbox "Suppress Email Notification" -- it likely effects all checkboxes.

OK ,
sorry for the version number. My SVN numbers is 1723 like in screenshot.
I'm waiting SVN1740 .
thanks in advance
  2049   Wed Nov 8 07:59:01 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportWindowsV2.6.2-172Re: checkbox

deletoille wrote:

I tried with V2.6.2-1741 and the problem was not there. It was fixed some time ago, so it should have worked in 1723 as well. Can you try the minimal example coming with the distribution, just by adding one MOptions attribute, like:
[global]
port = 8080

[demo]
Attributes = Author, Type
MOptions Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other

and see if it work there? If it works correctly there but not with your config file, please send me your config file and I will try to reproduce the problem.
  2067   Thu Nov 9 23:52:26 2006 Angy An Thaithaithan@gmx.deInfoWindowsV2.6.2-175Outlook, Outlook Express and Free Webmail have problem with <br />
If users reply an entry, the notification email cannot be displayed correctly in Outlook, Outlook Express and Webmail.
I look at the source code and see <br />. It could be the reason.
Attachment 1: Reply.PNG
Reply.PNG
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886