I'm using DRS4 Evaluation Board Rev 4.0 and I'm trying to change the output of the samples to be an average of # measurements (1000 or even more)
during the process I have encountered some difficulties I hope you will be able to help me with:
1. the DRS chip have 8 channels but the Evaluation board have only 4 channels. does the default mode of the DRS in the Evaluation Board is 1024 bins for each channel or 2048?
2. in the readout mode, does it samples all the 1024 bins waveform from a channel and then move to the next one, or after each bin it move to the next channel?
3. In the file "drs4_eval4_app.vhd", I have a problem finding the names of the signals that represents the registers bits which tell me what is the number of the bin (1-1024) the ADC is reading from the DRS, and the signals
that represents registers A0-A3. can you send me their names?
4. In another matter- is the -0.5V to 0.5V is the upper and lower limit of the input (or just a working range), and if not what is the limit for AC? is there a fuse on the board in case of overload from the input? (I didn't see it in the User's Manual, but I didn't know if you will mention it there in case there is one).
thanks in advance and have a nice day,
1. All 8 channels are read out, but only 4 are displayed in the oscilloscope.
2. It reads all 1024 bins from a channel, then switch to the next channel.
3. The ADC readout happens in lines 1576+. The register for the sample count is drs_sample_count, and the signal for the address is drs_addr.
4. The evaluation board manual explicitly mentions the maximum allowed input range on page 5.
Thank you for the answer.
Have a nice week,