Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 197 of 234  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon5.gif   Lost cfg file, posted by David Egolf on Sat Apr 9 03:40:26 2005 
I was upgrading to the latest version and I wrote over my cfg file. I 
still have my database files. Is there a way to put the cfg file back 
together using the database files as a guide.  It did not seem to want to 
    icon2.gif   Re: Lost cfg file, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Apr 9 09:52:23 2005 
> I was upgrading to the latest version and I wrote over my cfg file. I 
> still have my database files. Is there a way to put the cfg file back 
> together using the database files as a guide.  It did not seem to want to 
       icon2.gif   Re: Lost cfg file, posted by David Egolf on Mon Apr 11 18:48:18 2005 
> > I was upgrading to the latest version and I wrote over my cfg file. I 
> > still have my database files. Is there a way to put the cfg file back 
> > together using the database files as a guide.  It did not seem to want to 
          icon2.gif   Re: Lost cfg file, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Apr 11 20:15:01 2005 rssreader.gif
> Thank you so much for working with me on this.  The RSS reader I have been trying 
> is at http://www.rssreader.com   and is version 1.0.88.0  It is a free RSS reader 
> and seems to work very well.  It has a username and password system, but I am not 
icon5.gif   Howto Set Default Fonts in Editor Window?, posted by Gregory M. Caughey on Sun Apr 10 07:35:09 2005 
Hello,
I have been running Elog for a long time on a variety of RedHat releases,
(this is a terrific project by the way). Currently running Elog v2.5.7 on 
    icon2.gif   Re: Howto Set Default Fonts in Editor Window?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sun Apr 10 09:36:07 2005 
> Hello,
> I have been running Elog for a long time on a variety of RedHat releases,
> (this is a terrific project by the way). Currently running Elog v2.5.7 on 
icon5.gif   Selective emails, posted by David Egolf on Sat Apr 9 06:07:42 2005 
I have a question about sending emails. I have a customer service ELog 
currently running but I would like to have an option to be able to pick 
from a list of people, one or more than one to send emails to with the 
    icon2.gif   Re: Selective emails, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Apr 9 10:24:37 2005 
> I have a question about sending emails. I have a customer service ELog 
> currently running but I would like to have an option to be able to pick 
> from a list of people, one or more than one to send emails to with the 
icon3.gif   Howto subscribe to ELOG RSS feeds in Mozilla Thunderbird, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Apr 8 14:35:19 2005 rss.gif
So subscribe to ELOG RSS feeds, do the following:

- In Thunderbird, click "Tools/Account setting", then click "Add account",
icon5.gif   HTML-File as attachement, posted by Becher on Tue Apr 5 22:39:20 2005 
When I upload a HTML-File as attachement the file is shown as the
HTML-source and not as the formatted text. Is there a possibility to see the
HTML-attachements as formatted text like images are shown as images?
    icon2.gif   Re: HTML-File as attachement, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Apr 5 22:45:22 2005 
> When I upload a HTML-File as attachement the file is shown as the
> HTML-source and not as the formatted text. Is there a possibility to see the
> HTML-attachements as formatted text like images are shown as images?
       icon2.gif   Re: HTML-File as attachement, posted by Becher on Wed Apr 6 14:45:22 2005 
Yesterday I mad a little experiment:
I copied in OpenOffice the content from my HTML file, which was not shown correctly
in ELOG, to a new HTML file, uploaded it in ELOG, and now my file was shown
          icon2.gif   Re: HTML-File as attachement, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Apr 6 14:56:09 2005 
> Yesterday I mad a little experiment:
> I copied in OpenOffice the content from my HTML file, which was not shown correctly
> in ELOG, to a new HTML file, uploaded it in ELOG, and now my file was shown
             icon2.gif   Re: HTML-File as attachement, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Apr 6 21:26:19 2005 
Ok, I turned display of HTML attachments completely off in 2.5.8-3. So if one wants to see
it, on has to click on it. Otherwise there is no way to ensure a correct web page, so
people would complain again that the page does not pass the HTML validator if someone
                icon14.gif   Re: HTML-File as attachement, posted by Becher on Wed Apr 6 23:02:47 2005 
I think this is reasonable. All the HTML-files which I want insert (created with the software
INCA) are not shown correctly. My testfiles made with OpenOffice are shown correctly. Maybe
you have the time to program an option for the attachement "Show inside/Show in new window or
                   icon2.gif   Re: HTML-File as attachement, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Apr 7 22:18:04 2005 
> I think this is reasonable. All the HTML-files which I want insert (created with the software
> INCA) are not shown correctly. My testfiles made with OpenOffice are shown correctly. Maybe
> you have the time to program an option for the attachement "Show inside/Show in new window or
icon5.gif   Conditional Attributes/Preset Text, posted by David Brody on Wed Apr 6 01:51:42 2005 elogd.cfg
I upgraded from ver 2.5.5-2 to 2.5.8-2 and found that none of my preset text
worked any longer.  I struggled with it for several hours and then reverted
back to 2.5.5-2 and the preset text worked again.  I have attached my
    icon2.gif   Re: Conditional Attributes/Preset Text, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Apr 6 21:15:03 2005 
> I upgraded from ver 2.5.5-2 to 2.5.8-2 and found that none of my preset text
> worked any longer.  I struggled with it for several hours and then reverted
> back to 2.5.5-2 and the preset text worked again.  I have attached my
       icon14.gif   Re: Conditional Attributes/Preset Text, posted by David Brody on Thu Apr 7 00:51:05 2005 
> > I upgraded from ver 2.5.5-2 to 2.5.8-2 and found that none of my preset text
> > worked any longer.  I struggled with it for several hours and then reverted
> > back to 2.5.5-2 and the preset text worked again.  I have attached my
icon1.gif   Want to change Entry time when using Copy To, posted by Michael Husbyn on Thu Mar 31 16:29:07 2005 
Hello,

Tried to use the copy to version, just to create a new copy of a old case in
    icon3.gif   Re: Want to change Entry time when using Copy To, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Mar 31 16:31:41 2005 
> What I want is to have the Entry time to be updated to the time it was
> copyed, not the original entry time. Moved To should perhaps retain its
> original time?
       icon3.gif   Re: Want to change Entry time when using Copy To, posted by Michael Husbyn on Thu Mar 31 21:42:58 2005 
> > What I want is to have the Entry time to be updated to the time it was
> > copyed, not the original entry time. Moved To should perhaps retain its
> > original time?
          icon2.gif   Re: Want to change Entry time when using Copy To, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Mar 31 21:59:21 2005 
> The idea is good, but it does not work for me. What happens when I do this is
> that I get a new ID, but the old ID is deleted.... It disappears from the list,
> and if you try to access it manually it says that it is deleted.
             icon2.gif   Re: Want to change Entry time when using Copy To, posted by Michael Husbyn on Thu Mar 31 22:06:37 2005 
> > The idea is good, but it does not work for me. What happens when I do this is
> > that I get a new ID, but the old ID is deleted.... It disappears from the list,
> > and if you try to access it manually it says that it is deleted.
                icon2.gif   Re: Want to change Entry time when using Copy To, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Mar 31 22:15:34 2005 
> But I want a duplicate entry of the entry.... so that I can reuse the text and other
> items and just change the entrys that need to be changed.
                   icon2.gif   Re: Want to change Entry time when using Copy To, posted by Michael Husbyn on Thu Mar 31 22:22:40 2005 
> > But I want a duplicate entry of the entry.... so that I can reuse the text and other
> > items and just change the entrys that need to be changed.
> > 
                      icon2.gif   Re: Want to change Entry time when using Copy To, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Mar 31 22:40:43 2005 
> or your idea is good as well.

Ok, I implemented a 'Duplicate' command (see this forum for example). I guess this is clearer
                         icon2.gif   Re: Want to change Entry time when using Copy To, posted by Michael Husbyn on Thu Mar 31 22:49:08 2005 
> > or your idea is good as well.

> Ok, I implemented a 'Duplicate' command (see this forum for example). I guess this is clearer
icon8.gif   Preset text Dont work more!, posted by Alex H on Fri Mar 25 16:00:55 2005 
Hi,
I'am using Elog V2.5.8-1 and the "Preset Text" option don't work more since 
I've updated Elog. could you fix it?
    icon2.gif   Re: Preset text Dont work more!, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Mar 29 11:30:25 2005 
> I'am using Elog V2.5.8-1 and the "Preset Text" option don't work more since 
> I've updated Elog. could you fix it?
       icon2.gif   Re: Preset text Dont work more!, posted by Alex H on Tue Mar 29 13:29:56 2005 elogd.cfg
> > I'am using Elog V2.5.8-1 and the "Preset Text" option don't work more 
since 
> > I've updated Elog. could you fix it?
          icon2.gif   Re: Preset text Dont work more!, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Mar 29 13:55:58 2005 
> Here is my elogd.cfg.
> I hope this will help you :)
             icon2.gif   Re: Preset text Dont work more!, posted by Alex H on Wed Mar 30 17:09:27 2005 
> > Here is my elogd.cfg.
> > I hope this will help you :)
                icon2.gif   Re: Preset text Dont work more!, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Mar 30 17:11:33 2005 
> I've change my Attribute "Maint." to "Maint" in my elogd.cfg and in my Logbook too 
> but the problem is the same, I have restarted the service but the problem is still 
> here. Any idea? o_O
                   icon2.gif   Re: Preset text Dont work more!, posted by Alex H on Thu Mar 31 09:37:12 2005 elogd.cfg
> > I've change my Attribute "Maint." to "Maint" in my elogd.cfg and in my 
Logbook too 
> > but the problem is the same, I have restarted the service but the 
                      icon2.gif   Re: Preset text Dont work more!, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Mar 31 09:46:21 2005 
> Yes I have upgraded Elog to 2.5.8-2.
> I submit my new elogd.cfg file maybe it will help you.
> I have try the preset text under Firefox (the last), avant browser 10.0 
                         icon14.gif   Re: Preset text Dont work more!, posted by Alex H on Thu Mar 31 10:33:10 2005 
> > Yes I have upgraded Elog to 2.5.8-2.
> > I submit my new elogd.cfg file maybe it will help you.
> > I have try the preset text under Firefox (the last), avant browser 10.0 
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886